I think he isnt ready

I showed one of my younger Nosys a girl the other day. I puffed up like most, but instead of mating, he ran up to the poor girl and bit her rite on the back.LOL. She was fine, but its safe to say he isnt interested yet, at all!

Jake

I showed one of my younger Nosys a girl the other day. I puffed up like most, but instead of mating, he ran up to the poor girl and bit her rite on the back.LOL. She was fine, but its safe to say he isnt interested yet, at all!

Jake

LOL jake. reminds me of how boys interact with girls in 2nd grade when they have a crush... except the biting part... :rolleyes:

Haha good to hear shes ok. That reminds me of a funny mating story. The first time I introduced my 2 panthers to each other the female was just worried about his food. He climbed on her as she walked over to his dish and ate all his crix. Then she had to position herself for him LOL!

You shouldn't pair them up until you actually see his head bobbing for her. If he's not bobbing, he isn't ready. Trying to mate him to early may make him uneasy about it later. Just a suggestion.

Never heard of this before. Nor experienced it with any of my males that weren't ready to listen to me about the birds and the bees. Would like to know more about this info/source.

It's common sense Will. Why would you pair something together that's obviously not ready? For one, It's added stress that they don't need and it risks injury to either panther.

It's common sense Will. Why would you pair something together that's obviously not ready? For one, It's added stress that they don't need and it risks injury to either panther.

I'm not contesting that Derrek. I am asking about Males being uneasy about mating later on if they are introduced too early.

Back
Top Bottom