I started gutloading the bsfl and this happened

Ugh! I would be upset to! I don’t keep hornworms or silk worms. Horn worms grow to fast and Eustis is a little guy so he can’t eat them. I haven’t tried silk worms yet. I’m just worried about trying them.

Ugh! I would be upset to! I don’t keep hornworms or silk worms. Horn worms grow to fast and Eustis is a little guy so he can’t eat them. I haven’t tried silk worms yet. I’m just worried about trying them.

silkworms are by far my crew’s favorite food, and my fav bug to keep/raise! Def worth a try.

They aren’t as difficult as they sound. Just put them in an open container w/o lid, and don’t overfeed. Poor airflow and too much food / moisture is where most people fail, I think. It encourages mold and illness. An open container is perfect!

silkworms are by far my crew’s favorite food, and my fav bug to keep/raise! Def worth a try.

They aren’t as difficult as they sound. Just put them in an open container w/o lid, and don’t overfeed. Poor airflow and too much food / moisture is where most people fail, I think. It encourages mold and illness. An open container is perfect!
Would you be willing to share pics of what you keep them in and your method? I just purchased my first silkworm eggs and will hopefully have minis in a week.

Not to mention saving a ton of $. Also no smell, no noise, no escapees, cute, etc!

Silkworms are easy to keep if they're a healthy group. Occasionally you get diseased ones that die off very fast no matter what you do. My Panthers always loved them, but the Parsons isn't too crazy about them. He'll take a few once in a while, but then loses interest.

Back
Top Bottom