I should have done this before

Zobert

I've been lurking and reading for a long time now but I never know what to see for introductions.

I've silently learned a lot from everyone who posts on here.

I had a long, long living veil named Willie who wasn't nasty, was very much the opposite of what everyone has said I should expect from them. Since I got him, well, a year after I began reading more about the species and was shocked how badly I was able to care for him (feeling him chameleon junk food) and how he thrived without issues (maybe he had good lighting?) By the time I got serious about his care he was already set and wouldn't budge on what he wanted to eat and how he wanted to act.

His only trip outside that didn't include a piece of yarn to his back leg (yes, I tortured him) showed me how much faster he moved outside than in, and he went from the tree on the back deck to the maple tree just off the back deck. I climbed a 30 foot maple to get "Willie" back one summer.

Not really sure why I am writing all this. I really loved Willie and when he died I took a break. When you have one of something they become more "yours".

When I started to get back in I figured I would get a different chameleon so there wouldn't be any comparisons. I'd hate to get a veil that attacked me because the distinction would just make me miss Willie more.

So I've been reading and cage building and am looking for "what next" as far as a chameleon. I'm going to start with the roaches and worms soon. I want everything ready and around June I'll get my first "new" chameleon in years.

I am going between the dwarfs and a panther. I read about keeping Dwarfs for over a year now, but I've been doing that with panthers, too, whose care seems similar to a veiled.

If anyone has any suggestions send them my way.

I love the colors of a panther but the dwarfs are cutie patooties.

Oh and Hi All and thank you for all the information. I've been reading so long everyone seems familiar.

I always look at JannB's page because her Louie reminded me of Willie. He was blue-ish-y-turquoise.

Chuck D's facebook page is a staple in my life.

Screamelon's and Kent's Ambanja make me drool. I need one.

Tree Candy Chameleons (not sure if she posts here) are my background right now.

Drake reminds me of me with his single cham love.

I could go on but basically thanks for letting me read so many informative posts.

For all of us, you are very welcome. We are all happy when we help a fellow cham person. I am glad you finally came out to join us. I am sorry you lost Willie but there is another cham just waiting for your love.

I would decide what chams I like then check out the care requirements, cage size, temps, anything else you can look at then decide what is the best fit. Once I get a cham I love them, it just always happens that way.:)

Well we had 6 years together which I found out was pretty long for a veil. I have the set up for a veiled or panther since they both are similar in size, but I'm drawn to the dwarfs because they're "cute".

It's hard to compete with a panther on color, though.

Back
Top Bottom