I Saw it!

camimom

I finally saw Camo drinking! I've had him for a week and have never seen him drink. I mist several times a day, then go and hide to see what he does, but so far nothing. I wasn't concerned about him dehydrating simply because He showed no signs and since he's healthy I figured he would do it on his own.
Well last night I put a hole in a cup to drip into his cage (it poured) and he tried to climb it. There's another thread regarding that.
Anyway, I made a smaller hole this morning and put the cup up again, and he arched all the way backwards as far as his ittle 3 inch body could go, then climb onto the mesh onthe top of the cage and finally took a drink, it wasn't alot but it was something.

I know this is a silly thread and that most of you have probably seen your chams drink, but I haven't and felt the need to share!

how cute! i think watching chameleons do anything is so fun! but drinking is usually harder to see! congrats!

This is not a silly thread, or if it is then most of us post silly threads. Watching chams is way better than most TV. And you have a new on so you are legally required to spend lots of time watching. That is a forum rule that I just made up!!!:D Watching is good for you, but pictures are good for us.

I loved the climbing the water thread.:)

This is not a silly thread, or if it is then most of us post silly threads. Watching chams is way better than most TV. And you have a new on so you are legally required to spend lots of time watching. That is a forum rule that I just made up!!!:D Watching is good for you, but pictures are good for us.

I loved the climbing the water thread.:)

I posted pics, go find the pics of my new addition thread, its around somewhere.
I love the new forum rule! i spend so much time peeking in on him. He's in my study in peace and quiet, but I can't help but go in there like... 10 times a day to check on him. Like i just checked, he's sitting on a branch, front legs crossed, head resting on it, basking (no eyes arent closed)

I sprayed and watched, sprayed and watched ... For months...Never saw him drink for 5 months... Then one day I saw him drinking out of this small bowl in the bottom of his cage.... Now he drinks from his bowl at least once daily! I thought they weren't supposed to do this? Yes, I change the water daily and clean the rock/bowl often... I even got him drinking on video- tried to post it but I'm on my phone now - can't post photos or videos...

Exceptions to every rule tat hed :)
Camimom, I still get pleasure from watching mine do their thing, and I still check 'em a dozen times a day :D

Yup, I've seen every one of my chameleons drink. I just leave the room come back in and they're drinking. Except my Jackson Buckbee he drinks as soon as I start misting.

Back
Top Bottom