I ordered a solar meter6.5R

Ok, I got my meter and I tested it at the level my chams back would be just above his basking branch and his uvb light is above that branch. The reading it gave was 2.2. I think it’s supposed to be at 3.0 isn’t it?

Ok, I got my meter and I tested it at the level my chams back would be just above his basking branch and his uvb light is above that branch. The reading it gave was 2.2. I think it’s supposed to be at 3.0 isn’t it?
Is 2.2 with your new bulb as well? As UVB's age they do lose potency, if you're getting 2.2 with an old bulb, I wouldn't adjust until it's swapped with the new one. 3 is what is recommended for a 12hour UVB cycle for most chameleon species.

Chameleon academy is recommending 3 for Jackson's - Care Sheet Overview

Ok, the new bulb is in and the solarmeter 6.5R is reading 3.5 right where my Jackson’s back would be on his basking branch below the uvb light. I have his heat light leaned against the uvb fixture so the heat light is angled in under the uvb so he gets both at the same time.

Ok, the new bulb is in and the solarmeter 6.5R is reading 3.5 right where my Jackson’s back would be on his basking branch below the uvb light. I have his heat light leaned against the uvb fixture so the heat light is angled in under the uvb so he gets both at the same time.
You need to let the new bulb burn in for at least a few hours. They start off stronger. Retest tomorrow after the light has been on for an hour to get more accurate results.

Sounds like your meter already paid off!

Back
Top Bottom