I never knew! we DO have lizards in Ohio...

little leaf

Avid Member
AND I HAVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
these were about 4 miles away - the ppl who these came from are getting rid of all the old wood piles in their yard- they offered to let me catch as many as I can to move them before the piles are gone, and they said their chickens eat them ! :eek: and the less wood piles left, the more the chickens will get :(
I had been told to watch our wood piles for them - but never thought it was true :p anyone else in Ohio see these ?

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 2,711
The only lizard we have in Ontario is the five lined skink and that lizard you've got there definitely looks like one. :)

The only lizard we have in Ontario is the five lined skink and that lizard you've got there definitely looks like one. :)

I feel vary dumb saying this living in Ontario. but ware I have actually never seen one and would love to.... feel bumb asking lol:eek:

I've seen them

I have cought them blue tail skink, in the nothern part of michigan, also milk or king snakes , salamanders etc ,so their everywhere, awsome ,

I have cought them blue tail skink, in the nothern part of michigan, also milk or king snakes , salamanders etc ,so their everywhere, awsome ,

I know, I am THRILLED we have them - I am always commenting on the post that ppl post who have wild lizards in their yard how lucky I think they are, and here they were right under my nose ! :p

AND I HAVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
these were about 4 miles away - the ppl who these came from are getting rid of all the old wood piles in their yard- they offered to let me catch as many as I can to move them before the piles are gone, and they said their chickens eat them ! :eek: and the less wood piles left, the more the chickens will get :(
I had been told to watch our wood piles for them - but never thought it was true :p anyone else in Ohio see these ?

That is a five lined skink,don't you love the fantastic blue in the tail!!! We have them here in Tennessee also. They are very fast and can be difficult to catch.they will drop a tail in a heartbeat when trying to escape capture even if you don't touch the tail. Cool little lizards.

Where in california because in so cal all i see are blue bellies and maybe an alligator lizard if im lucky.

I lived in SoCal (chula vista) and grew up catching blue bellies and alligator lizards,back then we could find all kinds of Herps at will inc. the banded cal kings both the black and white as well as the brown and yellow. We could even find horned lizards near the Mexican border,I had a large colony of them in an outside cage built around a cactus garden in our backyard it was very cool as a kid to be able to collect, keep and then release many species.

That is a five lined skink,don't you love the fantastic blue in the tail!!! We have them here in Tennessee also. They are very fast and can be difficult to catch.they will drop a tail in a heartbeat when trying to escape capture even if you don't touch the tail. Cool little lizards.

yes, they are so cool, and tail ! amazing how blue - now I find myself staring at the wood pile, and the outdoor cham cages - :p I am not sure what to watch now :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom