i need images of chameleon cages please!

cam198

Do you guys think I could see some pics of your cages?:confused: I've always wondered what they looked like (they probably look so cool!):D plus I want to get some idea's for improvments that I should put on my cage.:D images would be much appreciated:D

Heres a couple updated pics of mine. Not the best but it works :)

Attachments

• DSCF0387.JPG
    DSCF0387.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF0389.JPG
    DSCF0389.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 255
  • tn_DSCF0170.JPG
    tn_DSCF0170.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCF0388.JPG
    DSCF0388.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
this is kahegas setup, two plants, ficus and a rubber plant. artificial vines, uv, heat, and humidifier.

Attachments

• nerwe.jpg
    nerwe.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 371
Here are a couple of mine...

Jerm

Attachments

• CAGE PIC 3.jpg
    CAGE PIC 3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 368
  • 55 gal cage.JPG
    55 gal cage.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 308
  • cage 4.jpg
    cage 4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 244
Hey Jerm,

That second pic with the tank and then the caged area.. it is really cool. What are you housing in it? And, why did you choose that type of cage structure?

Heika

Hi there. Here's Rex's cage. There are two lamps above. The one on the left is a ceramic heater for night time and the one on the right is a mercury vapor bulb. There is a full spectrum light in the light stand. That's for the hibiscus plant inside the cage and the other plants on the stand (not shown) to the right of the lamp. The dripper is stationed above the cage and near the lamp. This warms it a tad. It generally causes a cascade effect off the leaves. The auto mister comes in the back at the top and sprays downward over the leaves for a minute every three hours during the day (from 5:30am to 7:30pm). Hope this helps.

Heika said:
Hey Jerm,

That second pic with the tank and then the caged area.. it is really cool. What are you housing in it? And, why did you choose that type of cage structure?

Heika

Heika,
Thanks. I am trying this design for a montain species. Right now I have a pair of C. werneri in it. Since they require higher humidity and at the same time need screen, I thought this might work. I use this design a lot on smaller aquariums but this is the first time I've done it on a 55 gal. tank. It might end up that I have to fill the tank up higher so they don't actually go down into the tank but hopefully not. I chose this structure because it makes it easier for me to be able to mist a lot inside the house without making a mess. Plus the amount of plants that I can add to this is almost endless.

Jerm

Back
Top Bottom