I need help with timer setup

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi! My family and I are going on vacation for Thanksgiving and I need to set up a timer for Carly's enclosure.

She previously had one, but we suspect it was faulty because it started sparking. Of course that was taken out.

I have a new one which I don't know how to setup and the instructions are confusing.

Here are the photos of my timer and outlets
IMG_20211109_095831564.jpg
IMG_20211109_095838930.jpg
IMG_20211109_095848082.jpg

This one is actually pretty simple. I don't recall EXACTLY which way it goes so you will want to experiment with it. You will want to push all of the little tabs down for the times you want the lights on, and up for the times you want lights off. This may be backward, meaning up is on and down is off.

Once that is set, move the switch on top to the "Timer on" position. Hope this helps.

To set it up you turn the dial to the nearest current time. From there you press down the tabs you want the timer to come on. All the ones that are left up will be the time when it is off. But tbh I would go with a smart timer. Can be controlled and checked on through a app on your phone.

But...these are old school and super easy to change the time (hello Daylight Savings time)

I still use a few and they are bulletproof. Make sure you set it up a couple of days in advance because it is easy to mix up the AM and PM on them.

These are pretty much all we use ATM. Probably have 10 of them.
First, assuming this is for lights and not misting; this type won't work for misting.

Down = On
Up = Off (Lift with a fingernail)

Each tab represents approx. 20 min. IIRC

Twist the center dial clockwise only (direction of arrows) to the current time. Note the dark numbers are for night; light numbers are daytime.

This type of timer is designed intentionally to vary a few minutes either way every day. This is so if you're using it for house lighting, it doesn't look like nobody's home.

But...these are old school and super easy to change the time (hello Daylight Savings time)

I still use a few and they are bulletproof. Make sure you set it up a couple of days in advance because it is easy to mix up the AM and PM on them.
I will be setting it up today so i make sure it works

These are pretty much all we use ATM. Probably have 10 of them.
First, assuming this is for lights and not misting; this type won't work for misting.

Down = On
Up = Off (Lift with a fingernail)

Each tab represents approx. 20 min. IIRC

Twist the center dial clockwise only (direction of arrows) to the current time. Note the dark numbers are for night; light numbers are daytime.

This type of timer is designed intentionally to vary a few minutes either way every day. This is so if you're using it for house lighting, it doesn't look like nobody's home.
Thanks so much! It is for lighting,

This one is actually pretty simple. I don't recall EXACTLY which way it goes so you will want to experiment with it. You will want to push all of the little tabs down for the times you want the lights on, and up for the times you want lights off. This may be backward, meaning up is on and down is off.

Once that is set, move the switch on top to the "Timer on" position. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your help! I think I know what to do now.
To set it up you turn the dial to the nearest current time. From there you press down the tabs you want the timer to come on. All the ones that are left up will be the time when it is off. But tbh I would go with a smart timer. Can be controlled and checked on through a app on your phone.
I appreciate it. Thanks! :)

These work just fine for lighting. For future consideration, I use these to control lights, heat lamps, and the fogger. It's all accessible via a mobile app and you can set custom schedules for each component. As someone else mentioned, only thing NOT on this is my MistKing which uses the timer that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom