I need help with my veiled chameleon

elii

i got a chameleon during the summer as a gift, I been doing everything as I was told by the person who gave me it, I did my research to make sure I was on the right path, but I started to see problems due to lock of calcium and lost appetite, i started to give repta + boost is doing better but I want to know can I or should I add vitamin with it or should I just give it repta bost?

here is a pic of the cage, and humidity temperature is between 80-84 f

I'm giving her repta boost and vitamin with d3
and I put newspaper or paper towels to check how often she poops.

I believe is a lack of calcium and vitamins because of how the legs got, she became weak couldn't hold on and lost appetite, also started sleep during the day , people who had chameleons told me that too and a reptile store told me the same thing... ever since I started giving her water myself and feeding her with a syringe and she has gotten better back to green and climbing to the middle of the cage.
my budget is a little tight right now and that's why I'm researching and doing everything I can to get her better instead of taking her to the vet which would make things way easier.
Really hope I can get some help and sorry if I miss anything.

20181106_161911.jpg
20181106_161849.jpg

If you could fill out the whole form (copy and paste the form here then replace the text with your answers), it’d help us with more info. Could you post a better pic of her, please?

If you want real help, you need to fill out the form so everyone here has all the information required to make any kind of actual diagnosis.

How can you tell the sex? You can’t see the back of her back feet or really see her crest?
Color pattern on his side says male. Based on what the OP has said so far I’m sure this guy does have MBD but I see nothing in that picture to confirm it.

Now I see his front right leg, though he was laying on his leg at first and it looked like his leg was part of the towel....

And that is definitely a MBD elbow if I’ve ever seen one.

The general rule is lightly dust your feeders with calcium WITH D3 twice a month (once every other week), multivitamin twice a month (once every other week) and with calcium WITHOUT D3 at every feeding (except when you're using the multivitamin or calcium w/d3). From what you're saying your cham might have MBD. If that's the case you need to take your cham to the vet. Natural sunlight is great to help with MBD and just in general. Please post more pictures and answer the rest of the questions you didn't answer in the how to ask for help form.

The general rule is lightly dust your feeders with calcium WITH D3 twice a month (once every other week), multivitamin twice a month (once every other week) and with calcium WITHOUT D3 at every feeding (except when you're using the multivitamin or calcium w/d3). From what you're saying your cham might have MBD. If that's the case you need to take your cham to the vet. Natural sunlight is great to help with MBD and just in general. Please post more pictures and answer the rest of the questions you didn't answer in the how to ask for help form.
And make sure the calciums are phosphorous-free and gutload your feeders with quality commercial gutloads or organic fresh fruits and veggies (there’s a list under the food and nutrition tab in resources)

Back
Top Bottom