I need a few good men.

ZacharyLeesWife

Avid Member
Beanie's first clutch is going to be hatching by late April. What should I do with these little guys??? They were seriously accidents, but I need to know that they go to good homes.

Want and need are 2 different things. I don't need babies but I want some babies. Knowing how close you are to me doesn't help either
Well, maybe you can foster a few until excellent forever homes are available. And by foster, I mean fall in love with them and probably keep them lol

Well, maybe you can foster a few until excellent forever homes are available. And by foster, I mean fall in love with them and probably keep them lol
I'd be nervous about taking a hatchling, I've never had one right out of the shell before. I'm sure I can handle it, I felt the same way when I got my baby melleri from Joel and he's doing great, up to 30 gm from the measly 3 gm when he arrived in the end of Oct I have to leave enough space in my reptile room for a quad quad, that species is next on my wish list, however I love my grumpy veileds and if you're offering to give me some babies, I could make room for 2 more in there and still have enough space for the quad quad when the time came for me to buy him. I'll be a "foster" and I'll immediately fall in love and they'll never leave. They will obviously have a great home here. I like males but I think a male and female from the clutch would be great. I can handle egg laying, I only get mildly nervous when Cam lays now. My family won't even notice 2 more lizards in the reptile room, mostly because they don't go in there. So you've twisted my arm and I'll help you out and take a couple.

I'd be nervous about taking a hatchling, I've never had one right out of the shell before. I'm sure I can handle it, I felt the same way when I got my baby melleri from Joel and he's doing great, up to 30 gm from the measly 3 gm when he arrived in the end of Oct I have to leave enough space in my reptile room for a quad quad, that species is next on my wish list, however I love my grumpy veileds and if you're offering to give me some babies, I could make room for 2 more in there and still have enough space for the quad quad when the time came for me to buy him. I'll be a "foster" and I'll immediately fall in love and they'll never leave. They will obviously have a great home here. I like males but I think a male and female from the clutch would be great. I can handle egg laying, I only get mildly nervous when Cam lays now. My family won't even notice 2 more lizards in the reptile room, mostly because they don't go in there. So you've twisted my arm and I'll help you out and take a couple.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I'm tickled that 2 of the babies will have a wonderful home and be spoiled rotten!! You have the first pick of the litter. Beanie is a very low translucent, only her toes are white. I'm hoping to have a few babies with little socks like hers!

lmao I know I would in a second but I definitely don't have enough room at the moment, so for now I will wait to get any more chameleons. I will not sacrifice on space for them <3 adorable. I don't have the ability to even meet the minimum at the moment sadly.

lmao I know I would in a second but I definitely don't have enough room at the moment, so for now I will wait to get any more chameleons. I will not sacrifice on space for them <3 adorable. I don't have the ability to even meet the minimum at the moment sadly.
Well two of my scale babies are due for an upgrade in their cages so I will probably have a medium exo terra or two to spare. It probably needs rescreened, but it would be perfect for one of the babies.

I would usually do a medium or something and then go to a 24x24x48 at least for an adult veiled. But I would likely end up combining two of those together in the end XD. It just comes to space. Eventually I will have more room at the moment XD it's in my dreams

I would usually do a medium or something and then go to a 24x24x48 at least for an adult veiled. But I would likely end up combining two of those together in the end XD. It just comes to space. Eventually I will have more room at the moment XD it's in my dreams

I love the idea of combining two of the medium cages! Beanie and little foot are both almost a year old so it's definitely time to get them each in a bigger house. And Thor is definitely due for an upgrade too but he's in a glass viv and they can get pretty pricey!

I didn't realize that you had that many chams and thank you for thinking I'm worthy of taking care of some of your babies. I know how I am and I worry and I think no one is able to do as good of a job as me. Sometimes I worry about my mom taking care of my animals and I learned it all from her. It's going to be a long wait for their hatch date, so exciting. I can't wait to see what the babies look like. I've had plenty of veiled but never a translucent. It's always exciting to see their color change with each shed. I was just talking to my mom about rearranging my reptile room to make space for a free range area and Mel's (my melleri) enclosure for when he reaches adulthood. I didn't mention that I'd have room for several more if I rearranged but she did tell me that I needed to move into the room and just give the lizards the rest of the house. It's a tempting idea. When were the eggs laid? How are you incubating them? Beanie is the mom, is Thor the father? Do you have any pictures of the eggs? Hahaha #adoptivemom

Awwww, @Nursemaia you already sound like a loving mom! Dilly bean is definitely the Momma and little foot is the Daddy. Thor is my crestie so that would make for an interesting clutch lol! I'm incubating them kinda slowly because I have heard that makes the hatchlings stronger. They're in perlite at 75° and I keep water in the bottom of the container to keep the humidity around 75-80. They were laid on the 15th of November, so late April is my guess for the hatch date.  20170323_200644.jpg

They're starting to get a translucent look to them, which kinda concerns me but the veins are really prominent.

20170225_151217.jpg

This is little foot, he's the proud papa. I hope that they inherit his temperament! He's the sweetest, most happy go lucky little dude.

20170120_154622.jpg

This is my Dilly Bean, and I won't lie she's kind of a grumpy girl. It's mostly territorial though, she's sweet as pie after she leaves her cage.

20170125_130332.jpg

Here you can kind of see her socks. They are on the inside of all her grabby feet. That's actually where her name is from, Diliyo is Cherokee for socks!

Well. You guys are getting me REALLY tempted! I have always wanted a girlfriend for Echo. In fact, I got Echo on my birthday, which is 4/1, last year. I wonder if my hubby would fall for it again....:rolleyes:

Well. You guys are getting me REALLY tempted! I have always wanted a girlfriend for Echo. In fact, I got Echo on my birthday, which is 4/1, last year. I wonder if my hubby would fall for it again....:rolleyes:
I would be so happy if you took a girlfriend for Echo!! This clutch was an accident but I am hell bent on finding the best homes I can for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom