I missed you all ! (Been awhile)

Hello my beautiful chameleon people! It's been a little while since I've been on the site as life can be quite busy at times! I hope everyone is doing good as well as your cute Chams lol. I had a few questions and figured what better place to bring them 😁

1) My boy Ares has been GROWING and its crazy how much time has went by. In a day or too hell already be 9 months old (CRAZY) & I was curious when I should start changing his diet . I wanna say around the 8 -9 month mark but wasn't sure. I have noticed the last month or so it seems he has slowed his eating down some and seems to be a little pickier on what he wants. Also he's kinda going through this phase of everytime the door opens he wants to come out and party 😂🙄. Anyone have a chameleon that is FAR from shy? LoL . He still hates the phone/camera tho !!

Also kinda funny he's developed orange between his eyes on his head haha

Attachments

• 20210924_125652.jpg
    20210924_125652.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210925_143346.jpg
    20210925_143346.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210928_145827.jpg
    20210928_145827.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210928_145852.jpg
    20210928_145852.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210928_145915.jpg
    20210928_145915.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210924_124010.jpg
    20210924_124010.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 101
He is a handsome boy... How much are you feeding now and how often vs how much is he actually eating?
So I was offering him food every day and I've noticed lately he isn't super interested. I usually use silk worms and crickets as staples & (occasionally supers as treats). He also likes BSF's but doesn't care for roaches 🙄. When he was younger he'd easily eat 15 crickets but as you can imagine that's went down some . He might eat 1 out of 3 days and 10 large crickets and maybe a silk or 2. But like I said I've been offering him food every day which probably should've stopped lol. Also the last week or so doesn't seem super intrigued with silks .. will still destroy a super-worm but they aren't super nutritious right ?

So I was offering him food every day and I've noticed lately he isn't super interested. I usually use silk worms and crickets as staples & (occasionally supers as treats). He also likes BSF's but doesn't care for roaches 🙄. When he was younger he'd easily eat 15 crickets but as you can imagine that's went down some . He might eat 1 out of 3 days and 10 large crickets and maybe a silk or 2. But like I said I've been offering him food every day which probably should've stopped lol. Also the last week or so doesn't seem super intrigued with silks .. will still destroy a super-worm but they aren't super nutritious right ?
He is hitting that point where the growth rate starts to slow. It is not that he needs to be on an every day feeding schedule or every other day. Panthers tend to still like to eat but it is always individual. Sounds like he is ready to curb back. You could drop the daily amount or Try taking him to an every other day feeding. Once he hits 12 months is when you want to make sure he is on an every other day feeding of about 5 feeders. Until then just follow his lead.

He is hitting that point where the growth rate starts to slow. It is not that he needs to be on an every day feeding schedule or every other day. Panthers tend to still like to eat but it is always individual. Sounds like he is ready to curb back. You could drop the daily amount or Try taking him to an every other day feeding. Once he hits 12 months is when you want to make sure he is on an every other day feeding of about 5 feeders. Until then just follow his lead.
Thank you so much ! I will let him take the lead for now and just pay attention to what he wants 😁. Thanks for getting back to me

Hi, he’s a beautiful boy!
& Linda he's really turned out so amazing ! Crazy watching him transform from a little grey guy to what he is now 🔥 . Thank you

Back
Top Bottom