8A4A56E3-19AC-4684-92EB-D3DFA5BCA8AD.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 1,125
  • 06867425-936D-4410-B872-603807B90DBE.jpeg
    06867425-936D-4410-B872-603807B90DBE.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 98783466-EED8-4750-B3C5-93A0D6117D0E.jpeg
    98783466-EED8-4750-B3C5-93A0D6117D0E.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,031
Please don't. Chameleons aren't people and don't want to wear hats. It is unethical and most groups would frown on this as improper husbandry. This isn't Facebook where people show off cool new toys that happen to be animals. This is a forum dedicated to giving chameleons the best we can. If you want to do this with your chameleon, I can't stop you. But it shouldn't be publicized here

Well I think he looks cute! I’ve been keeping veileds for a long time and most don’t seem to mind wearing a hat. After all they do have the perfect head for it. :D I had one veiled named Sage and he would wear his Christmas hat all day unless a branch just happen to,knock it off. You can see a picture of him with his Christmas hat on in my Sage album on my profile page.

Please don't. Chameleons aren't people and don't want to wear hats. It is unethical and most groups would frown on this as improper husbandry. This isn't Facebook where people show off cool new toys that happen to be animals. This is a forum dedicated to giving chameleons the best we can. If you want to do this with your chameleon, I can't stop you. But it shouldn't be publicized here
I only put it on him once. Trust me, I’m aware, and he’s in good care. I got the idea from one of Jann’s posts where she put a birthday hat on her cham for its birthday. I don’t really see the problem.

Well I think he looks cute! I’ve been keeping veileds for a long time and most don’t seem to mind wearing a hat. After all they do have the perfect head for it. :D I had one veiled named Sage and he would wear his Christmas hat all day unless a branch just happen to,knock it off. You can see a picture of him with his Christmas hat on in my Sage album on my profile page.
OMG, I looked in the album and I love that hat. Definitely adorable.

Lmao! Man creativity! One word Budweiser. Might b a little old for some folks on here if u remember the old commercials. Other than that,I’m neutral on this topic. Thanks for the laugh tho.

You're covering up his parietal eye, which is on top of the head and his defence against predators from above so I can't imagine he likes it a whole lot.

However, it does look sweet.

This is selfish, and only for human amusement. We don't unnecessarily stress our animals in any other ways, add lights at night that look nice, or any other sort of decoration that would bother them. Why would this be acceptable. Idc how long someone's been keeping chameleons, if they do this they're wrong and there's no backing it up. I know there's cliques on this forum that will disagree, but that's fine. My success speaks for itself and they arent my animals so whatever. I just dont think it is appropriate at all on a forum supposed to be dedicated to proper chameleon husbandry. The best keepers I've seen and know of would not be cool with this. It's one thing to think chams are our buddies and handle them, it's another thing to put an object on their heads which they would never have in the wild. This is why veileds suffer. It's nice to see all of the newbies here are the ones that agree. Won't bother to read any of responses because I dont Intend to get in any only arguments.

Last edited:
This is selfish, and only for human amusement. We don't unnecessarily stress our animals in any other ways, add lights at night that look nice, or any other sort of decoration that would bother them. Why would this be acceptable. Idc how long someone's been keeping chameleons, if they do this they're wrong and there's no backing it up. I know there's cliques on this forum that will disagree, but that's fine. My success speaks for itself and they arent my animals so whatever. I just dont think it is appropriate at all on a forum supposed to be dedicated to proper chameleon husbandry. The best keepers I've seen and know of would not be cool with this. It's one thing to think chams are our buddies and handle them, it's another thing to put an object on their heads which they would never have in the wild. This is why veileds suffer. It's nice to see all of the newbies here are the ones that agree. Won't bother to read any of responses because I dont Intend to get in any only arguments.
I think 'suffer' is quite a strong word. You're acting like the hat is going to be on his head 24/7. It wasn't even on there for 2 minutes.

My guy stresses out when I just get near him. I sure he would bite me if I tried to put a hat on him.
And i would not blame him-if some one tried to put a silly hat on me I might do the same.

I guess if it just for a photo op, it MIGHT not be the end of the world and it would totally depend on the cham. I can't imagine them liking it too much though. My Chams would bite for sure. The only one that would tolerate it would be the little veiled girl I got from Jann. I never would have ever believed it in a million years, but that little girl would much rather be riding around on somebody's head than be in her cage.

I guess if it just for a photo op, it MIGHT not be the end of the world and it would totally depend on the cham. I can't imagine them liking it too much though. My Chams would bite for sure. The only one that would tolerate it would be the little veiled girl I got from Jann. I never would have ever believed it in a million years, but that little girl would much rather be riding around on somebody's head than be in her cage.
how do we know which cham tolerates it or not, mine is pretty chill with me so would he tolerate his little Racho cowboy hat? I haven't put it on him but it would be cute for a pic.

Come on, chameleons are not “pets”, they’re display animals. Please do not treat them like this. Be proud of how awesome your enclosure looks, or how you figured out how to do something different that makes your husbandry better. Putting little cowboy hats on them is abuse.

Back
Top Bottom