I killed a pothos!

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
I don't know how I managed it, but I killed my pothos! I can take care of a chameleon just fine, but basic houseplants are apparently too advanced for me ;) I think it was partly because my cham has been munching on the leaves a lot lately, and it probably doesn't get as much water as it should. I am going to be buying another good pothos at the beginning of summer when I do my deep cage clean, and the whole cage will look different and fuller. Me nor my cham can wait! Still can't believe I killed a pothos :rolleyes:

Pothos like water and depending on the kind, need high or low light. Wandering jew might be the hardiest of any plant out there if you wanna give them a try.

I have a pothos I've had since I was 23. I'm 44 now. I thought those things were bullet proof. One thing I did notice though, the pothos in my cham cages really wilt easily and require a lot more water than the one NOT in the cage. I believe that the lights dry them out even though they get frequent mistings. I find I need to water them every couple of days.

Last edited:
I have a pathos I'e had since I was 23. I'm 54 now. I thought those things were bullet proof. One thing I did notice though, the pathos in my cham cages really wilt easily and require a lot more water than the one NOT in the cage. I believe that the lights dry them out even though they get frequent misting s. I find I need to water them every couple of days.
I think that is definitely true. I have another pothos outside of the cage and it is golden, literally :D The wandering jew is beautiful, I just might have to try that! Thanks!

My chameleon ate my pothos to death... He stripped the top half of the plant of all leaves and the plant just could not recover after I moved it to my window sill.

Sounds like a good idea. I feel ashamed for having to just throw it away and buy another one, but honestly it is just beyond saving. Plus, I always put my feed cup in between the stems of the pothos which probably put some unnecessary stress on the plant. I promise I'll do better next time ;) In the meantime I am letting my cham snack on the healthy pothos when she comes out of her cage.

Back
Top Bottom