I killed a pothos!

I don't know how I managed it, but I killed my pothos! I can take care of a chameleon just fine, but basic houseplants are apparently too advanced for me ;) I think it was partly because my cham has been munching on the leaves a lot lately, and it probably doesn't get as much water as it should. I am going to be buying another good pothos at the beginning of summer when I do my deep cage clean, and the whole cage will look different and fuller. Me nor my cham can wait! Still can't believe I killed a pothos :rolleyes:

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a pothos I've had since I was 23. I'm 44 now. I thought those things were bullet proof. One thing I did notice though, the pothos in my cham cages really wilt easily and require a lot more water than the one NOT in the cage. I believe that the lights dry them out even though they get frequent mistings. I find I need to water them every couple of days.

Last edited:
I have a pathos I'e had since I was 23. I'm 54 now. I thought those things were bullet proof. One thing I did notice though, the pathos in my cham cages really wilt easily and require a lot more water than the one NOT in the cage. I believe that the lights dry them out even though they get frequent misting s. I find I need to water them every couple of days.
I think that is definitely true. I have another pothos outside of the cage and it is golden, literally :D The wandering jew is beautiful, I just might have to try that! Thanks!

Sounds like a good idea. I feel ashamed for having to just throw it away and buy another one, but honestly it is just beyond saving. Plus, I always put my feed cup in between the stems of the pothos which probably put some unnecessary stress on the plant. I promise I'll do better next time ;) In the meantime I am letting my cham snack on the healthy pothos when she comes out of her cage.

Top Bottom