I just had a first

has anyone ever had a Chamaeleon shoot their tongue at your tongue I just had that happen.
Does your tongue look like a bug?

I wouldn't even know what search criteria to use, but if it's true that there's nothing new under the Sun, I'd wager (a small amount) that it's happened before. It's happened to other face parts.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-chameleon-shot-tongue-at-eye.158389/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/he-shot-me-with-his-tongue.29362/

Perhaps if you were for some reason we’re talking to your Cham and it seen your lips 👄 or tongue 👅 as potential food then possibly mistaken it as food. Bill S. has had a guest on his podcast talking about a Veiled eating French fries 🍟 from his hands. (Can’t recall what episode)

Does your tongue look like a bug?
Or like this? 😁

1637685205582.png

Years ago i was baby sitting a 4 year old Veiled--big boy--meanest ever--- one didn't even need to be near him and he would be rocking and hissing.
I handled him a few times and he would shoot his tongue at me. Once in forehead, left cheek, and eye (over the week). I was only NICE to him but loved his attitude. I did video a few of his fits but on a thumb drive I can't find. DARN!

Totally fired up and angry.

Found this on youtube---NOT ME (y)

ICBW, but that looked to me like he was striking at her eyelashes, which may have looked like something tasty—especially when she blinked. 🤷‍♂️
I thought the same thing and that is possible (was not there). I just have never had a fired up- angry cham switch so quick to wanting to eat.
But-anything is possible. (y)

Years ago i was baby sitting a 4 year old Veiled--big boy--meanest ever--- one didn't even need to be near him and he would be rocking and hissing.
I handled him a few times and he would shoot his tongue at me. Once in forehead, left cheek, and eye (over the week). I was only NICE to him but loved his attitude. I did video a few of his fits but on a thumb drive I can't find. DARN!

Totally fired up and angry.

Found this on youtube---NOT ME (y)

We´ll agree she throw that chameleon AWAY.....poor thing!! He´s on right hand and after the incident, he isn´t any more and she uses that hand to wipe her eye.

Back
Top Bottom