I just got this chameleon, and his lips are a bit off to me .

Panther__

i just got this chameleon and his lips are a bit off to me , maybe mouth rot ? Can some one please help me , I went to an exotic vet and she gave me some meds n things , that I used! He got a lil better but his lips are just off to me , if anyone can help me or recommend anything ? He eats very well , I only feed him about 2 feeders every other day , and yes I dust , with d3 as well once a week (multivitamin as well ) and I use a dapper about once a week, mist everyday , I have a uvb fluorescent tube from zoo med and a basking bulb , humidity is 60-70 , basking 80-85 , room is always at 75 , like I said he’s a fantastic eater, he had some eye problems the first week I had him but there lookin a lot better now ! He always drinks water and eats food when offered to him , I’ve had him for maybe 2 months now ( I feed him , super worms , silk worms , horn worms, roaches, as well as wax worms as a treat)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 123
Are you talking about how it looks a bit puffy on the bottom? I see that too. Not sure if it is normal or not since I do not keep Panthers. I know Veileds are not like this though. Let me tag some people that do. @DonKeesh @AnamCara @Kaizen

Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with his mouth. Feel free to post some more photos. But I agree the eye looks a little puffy in the first photo.

Hi. His mouth looks ok to me. His eye however looks a bit puffy. That could be from the vitamin D3. You should be using calcium with D3 one feeding every other week, alternating with a multivitamin that does not have D3. So weeks 1&3 you use D3 and then weeks 1&4 you use multivitamin.
Thank u so much I will use your advice !

Great picture-- I did not notice it before but see a little swelling but IMO would keep monitoring it very close. Since he is new, start a journal of pictures so you can compare daily and any differences in behavior.

You might be onto something in the early stages or normal for him. (y)

There is always the "wellness" checkup that can become his base weight and health.

If possible -
As others here would agree. Our animals are our investments minus the $$$ back value.

Attachments

• cham mouth_LI.jpg
    cham mouth_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • cham mouth.jpg
    cham mouth.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 76
i just got this chameleon and his lips are a bit off to me , maybe mouth rot ? Can some one please help me , I went to an exotic vet and she gave me some meds n things , that I used! He got a lil better but his lips are just off to me , if anyone can help me or recommend anything ? He eats very well , I only feed him about 2 feeders every other day , and yes I dust , with d3 as well once a week (multivitamin as well ) and I use a dapper about once a week, mist everyday , I have a uvb fluorescent tube from zoo med and a basking bulb , humidity is 60-70 , basking 80-85 , room is always at 75 , like I said he’s a fantastic eater, he had some eye problems the first week I had him but there lookin a lot better now ! He always drinks water and eats food when offered to him , I’ve had him for maybe 2 months now ( I feed him , super worms , silk worms , horn worms, roaches, as well as wax worms as a treat)
His mouth seems fine, its just his eye. It looks puffy or swollen.

Back
Top Bottom