I have too many animals

I could definitely not handle that much. It could just be because I'm new at reptiles, but with just one chameleon and nothing else I've got my hands full
Maybe thats a good thing you know.. I’m just afraid I will not have the time for all of them. Of course my dogs and chameleons will always have my time, but i’m not sure about the others.. I’m doing great atm but I’m afraid for the future. We’ll see, anyways right now they are all living the life! 😁

We range from Chinchillas to bearded dragons. There are at least 3 distinct climate zones. I loose track of full count. so lets see
Chinchilla 1
Bearded Dragon 1
Chameleons 2 Permanente 6 young.
Honduran milk snake 2
corn snake 2
Kenyan sand boa 1
Jungle carpet python 1
Gouldian finches 4
owl finches 2
canary 1
green cheek conure 1
Macaw 1
Chickens 6
So I guess 31 animals, 13 species plus 2 roach colonies and crickets.
I am defiantly an addict. lol I look at homes like "where do I put the animals?"

We range from Chinchillas to bearded dragons. There are at least 3 distinct climate zones. I loose track of full count. so lets see
Chinchilla 1
Bearded Dragon 1
Chameleons 2 Permanente 6 young.
Honduran milk snake 2
corn snake 2
Kenyan sand boa 1
Jungle carpet python 1
Gouldian finches 4
owl finches 2
canary 1
green cheek conure 1
Macaw 1
Chickens 6
So I guess 31 animals, 13 species plus 2 roach colonies and crickets.
I am defiantly an addict. lol I look at homes like "where do I put the animals?"

Jaw Drop Wow GIF

WOW!!! I'm trying to get on this level!! 🤣🤣🤣

I am looking for a home I can own. I dont think my landlord would like to know about all the pets I have...
2 chameleons
1 bearded dragon
2 rats
1 hamster
1 parakeet
2 dogs
1 cat
It's only 10 animals...but again, that's because I rent. God help me when i find a home to own. 😅

To me, the limit is determined by how many one is able to provide high quality care for and truly have time to enjoy. I was recently tempted to get a crested gecko, but don’t want to test my limits.
I currently have:
4 chameleons
3 leopard geckos
1 bearded dragon
1 big dog
4 cats - only 2 old lazy ones are mine. The other 2 are stepdaughter’s and exceed my feline quota.

@MissSkittles is right. You have to enjoy it. That is the limit. There is nothing enjoyable about a malnourished animal or a dirty cage. It has always been a part of my life so I don’t notice it. Some of these have been with me for 20+ years. I can always find space but time is limited. I probably spend over an hour a day just looking at them.

To me, the limit is determined by how many one is able to provide high quality care for and truly have time to enjoy. I was recently tempted to get a crested gecko, but don’t want to test my limits.
I currently have:
4 chameleons
3 leopard geckos
1 bearded dragon
1 big dog
4 cats - only 2 old lazy ones are mine. The other 2 are stepdaughter’s and exceed my feline quota.
Donald Glover Waiting GIF

I'm actually fighting crested gecko temptation right now as well 🤣🤣

Really, I have a limit to where if they have the correct care and I feel like they are enjoying life then I’m content. Atm I have
3 dogs (miniature schnauzers)
1 cat
4 leopard geckos
2 bettas
Some danios
some shrimp
And a cute tank with snails, isopods, and milipedes/centipedes
Really contemplating breeding my leos, but we’ll see in the future🤷‍♀️
There also may be a frog in the future, who knows

Really, I have a limit to where if they have the correct care and I feel like they are enjoying life then I’m content. Atm I have
3 dogs (miniature schnauzers)
1 cat
4 leopard geckos
2 bettas
Some danios
some shrimp
And a cute tank with snails, isopods, and milipedes/centipedes
Really contemplating breeding my leos, but we’ll see in the future🤷‍♀️
There also may be a frog in the future, who knows
If you do breed be sure to let us all know and post lots of pics!! Would love to see the babies!!

Back
Top Bottom