I have flappers!

Julirs

4-1 month old Flapnecks just arrived in perfect condition! :D

Pictures tonight! Thanks Julie!

Last edited:
Yes, pics please. I know I just saw them yesterday....but the last time I saw them, I was closing the lid and they were like "....sniff, sniff,...... pleeeeeaaassseeee.....nnnnooooooooo". I need something else to get that image out of my head. lol...:D

As promised-Flapper pictures! They are either CH or CB. Julie got them from someone in her area as hatclings. They had some crickets and some water and have all settled in for the night.

DSCN8627.jpg

DSCN8631.jpg

DSCN8630.jpg

DSCN8629.jpg

DSCN8628.jpg

2 from one clutch and 2 from another clutch, but Julie and I suspect they may all be females. I honestly have not looked for tiny spurs, as Flapnecks are supposed to have them.

Not all localities or sub-species of dilepis have tarsal spurs. Even at this age the males will have the telltale hemipenal bulge, subtle as it may be.

Not all localities or sub-species of dilepis have tarsal spurs. Even at this age the males will have the telltale hemipenal bulge, subtle as it may be.

Oh good deal-and I am not sure we know what localities these are-I suspect I have a few males then!

Never had flappers, but they look sweet. Since it was a Julie to Juli transfer the babies will never know it happened. One beautiful woman to another will be more happy healthy chameleons.:)

Never had flappers, but they look sweet. Since it was a Julie to Juli transfer the babies will never know it happened. One beautiful woman to another will be more happy healthy chameleons.:)

AWE.....thanks Laurie!! :D

These little gems were CH from another person here in Chicago (they prefer to be off the radar) from 2 WC females that laid and hatched at the same time - 70 babies in all. I took some of them at 2 weeks old. One group was darker green with bolder spots and the other group was lighter green.

I have kept flappers on a few different occasions and loved them (AND their attitudes...lol). I knew right from the beginning that these babies would do well - they started out as little horses (or, maybe I should say piggies....) and are well beyond the normal one-month stage of any babies I've had. I, of course, had to keep a few for myself. :D

Back
Top Bottom