I have arrived!

nwell042

Hello there! My name is Nick and I’ve been interesting in reptiles for many years. I currently own a bearded dragon, blue tongue skink, a savannah monitor, sulcata tortoise, and a handful of box and water turtles. I know, I know, no chameleon, but who doesn’t love hanging out with other herpers and learning more. Anyways, thank you for welcoming me here!!

Also, I’m currently building a big 8x4x4 ft enclosure for my savannah monitor. So if y’all got any large wood pieces or know of a place to get some, let me know!

Hi and welcome! :) If you hang around here you just may find yourself getting a chameleon. Most of us have an assortment of other animals and do often help each other out with them, so all herpers and others are very welcome here. Could you share some pics of your critters?

Hi and welcome! :) If you hang around here you just may find yourself getting a chameleon. Most of us have an assortment of other animals and do often help each other out with them, so all herpers and others are very welcome here. Could you share some pics of your critters?
I have attached some pictures below!

Attachments

• 4329133C-FB9A-4858-8A29-650C6C05F789.jpeg
    4329133C-FB9A-4858-8A29-650C6C05F789.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 753002FB-38B8-44C7-9F8B-BBDE6CB9ED86.jpeg
    753002FB-38B8-44C7-9F8B-BBDE6CB9ED86.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 1E8579C9-8447-4C5A-934B-0785F914158A.jpeg
    1E8579C9-8447-4C5A-934B-0785F914158A.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 69
Lovely animals! 🥰 Thanks for sharing.
For wood, if you have any locally owned lumber yards, they may have some deals. I’d suggest pallet wood, but most is treated with chemicals that could be harmful. You’d have to learn which stamps mean treated with various things.

My apologies, I should’ve specified. I have all the materials for the enclosure. However, I need pieces for decor such as cork bark or what not. Sorry about that, it’s not the first time I neglected to clarify that.

Also, I’m currently building a big 8x4x4 ft enclosure for my savannah monitor. So if y’all got any large wood pieces or know of a place to get some, let me know!
1649727987798.png

😛

Welcome to the forum, Nick.

My apologies, I should’ve specified. I have all the materials for the enclosure. However, I need pieces for decor such as cork bark or what not. Sorry about that, it’s not the first time I neglected to clarify that.

NOW he tells us.... :rolleyes:

https://www.airplantsupplyco.com/products/wholesale-virgin-cork-bark-slabs-by-the-pound

There are some better deals, but they're currently OOS (Out Of Stock).

Come to think of it, I got my cork from a guy who does the local reptile shows. He sells cork rounds for $8-$10 / lb. (depending on the show). Might not be rock-bottom, but he's always the lowest at the shows he does, and you can pick out the pieces you want (instead of buying blindly).

He also had a helium thumb (opposite of a lead thumb) on his scales, so I always felt like I got a better deal. (Good salesmanship! (y) )

Anyhow, my point is, 'tis the season (for reptile shows), so if there are any coming up near you it might be worth checking out for deals.

Wow, you've got some big fellas there. There are at least a couple of folks here that have tegus.
My Missus went the other way.... Last year she got a baby Western Hermann's tortoise—the smallest species of tortoise, AFAIK.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/missus-got-her-tank.183839/

Funny you mention that, I just got tickets with my brother last week! Hopefully there will be some people selling some!

I had Hermann’s tortoises too one upon a time!

Back
Top Bottom