I hate asking questions, but...

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
What are your favorite sites to order plants suitable for large reptiles?

www.blackjungle.com
Josh's frogs

Normally are my go to sites but I need a better selection of climbing vines and trees, umbrella trees won't cut it for me anymore. Exceptions being schefflera tupidanthus, and schefflera calyptricuspidata, which I can't find anywhere.

Obviously California carnivores is not suitable either, but it's an amazing site nonetheless.

So chime in and give me your favorite sites to buy plants, I shall be watching, and judging harshly.

Bonus points if they have strangler fig trees/seeds.

For large plants, a local nursery, toptropicals, and I think a few others. Josh's frogs, black jungle, cali carnivores, and all those specialized sites tend to have smaller plants.

For large plants, a local nursery, toptropicals, and I think a few others. Josh's frogs, black jungle, cali carnivores, and all those specialized sites tend to have smaller plants.

None of my local nurseries are suitable, I should have specified that, will check out top tropical though

I just recently planted some sugar snap peas at the base of a sturdy tree branch stuck in a pot. The are growing so far. For plants what specifically are you looking for. I wold like just more variety.
But for working with what we have, I again just find a good branch and stick it down into the center of the plant pot. This gives a better climbing structure.

I buy my larger trees and some tropicals from gardengoodsdirect.com. Ive also gotten some nice (big!) ficus alii and fiddle leaf figs from home depot recently

I just recently planted some sugar snap peas at the base of a sturdy tree branch stuck in a pot. The are growing so far. For plants what specifically are you looking for. I wold like just more variety.
But for working with what we have, I again just find a good branch and stick it down into the center of the plant pot. This gives a better climbing structure.

Let's see, how about heat resistant vines that can go under a basking light.

Aside from that just a wide selection of tropical plants and trees in general. Ficus trees and vines in particular.

Branches are well and good, but I need to give leafy hiding areas, and tiny perching stems so it can wrap it's feet completely around.

And I'm sick of non branching trees like our basic umbrella trees.

Last edited:
Let's see, how about heat resistant vines that can go under a basking light.

Aside from that just a wide selection of tropical plants and trees in general. Ficus trees and vines in particular.

Branches are well and good, but I need to give leafy hiding areas, and tiny perching stems so it can wrap it's feet completely around.

And I'm sick of non branching trees like our basic umbrella trees.

Well I am searching the same thing. I am looking in to Jujube tree. Probably spelled wrong. But they are common around the world, and natural in their areas.
So far "grafted trees" are around $50 for small. I haven't had much chance to research them yet.

Back
Top Bottom