I got scammed big time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madchameleon

So I just got off the phone with paypal and they said I lose my money because they don't cover pets/animals.

Wow...the seller sent a random blank letter and not my chameleons. So I can't claim that she never sent what I ordered. It goes under "item received was not as described" Being paypal doesn't cover pets I'm out the money.

So basically what paypal is telling me is that I can sell animals all day long to people, ship the buyer anything I want, and they can't do a thing about it.

The case is still under review and I will let you know the outcome but the lady seemed fairly content on stating, "our policy is"...your up s$%& creek.

Top it off the seller was using a paypal registered to a different name. So many red flags it's unbelievable.

So I just got off the phone with paypal and they said I lose my money because they don't cover pets/animals.

Wow...the seller sent a random blank letter and not my chameleons. So I can't claim that she never sent what I ordered. It goes under "item received was not as described" Being paypal doesn't cover pets I'm out the money.

So basically what paypal is telling me is that I can sell animals all day long to people, ship the buyer anything I want, and they can't do a thing about it.

The case is still under review and I will let you know the outcome but the lady seemed fairly content on stating, "our policy is"...your up s$%& creek.

Top it off the seller was using a paypal registered to a different name. So many red flags it's unbelievable.

Do you have the sellers name and info, or perhaps what they went by etc... So as we all know who to look out for, what a awful thing for someone to do, i hope you didn't get scammed on alot of money. :(

Do you have the sellers name and info, or perhaps what they went by etc... So as we all know who to look out for, what a awful thing for someone to do, i hope you didn't get scammed on alot of money. :(

He said chameleons not chameleon so I would think its a lot unfortunately. :(

you are not allowed to post stuff like that on the forum.

Did you fund the payment with your bank account or credit card? If you used your Credit Card you can file a claim and they'll back you up for sure.

You'll have to return whatever they sent you to paypal and they'll have to deal with it...

Did you fund the payment with your bank account or credit card? If you used your Credit Card you can file a claim and they'll back you up for sure.

You'll have to return whatever they sent you to paypal and they'll have to deal with it...

That's the right suggestion, though I'm not 100% sure the Credit Card company will cover it.

I don't know why it would be PayPal's responsibility. PayPal is just a conduit to move money between people online. Had you mailed the "seller" a check and the seller mailed you a blank piece of paper, would you have felt it was the responsibility of the post office?

you mean BOI! ;)

Yeah BOI , oops that is what I ment! I fixed it. :eek:

Anyway its important to share your experiences on fauna, so the same thi doesn't happen to someone else.

I can't imagine scamming someone in such a way. so sorry for your frustration and loss of money

That's the right suggestion, though I'm not 100% sure the Credit Card company will cover it.

I don't know why it would be PayPal's responsibility. PayPal is just a conduit to move money between people online. Had you mailed the "seller" a check and the seller mailed you a blank piece of paper, would you have felt it was the responsibility of the post office?

If you contact the Credit Card company and tell them you were sent something other than what you bought, they'll open a case and investigate what happened. The seller will have a chance to prove their case and if they lose the item will be sent back with a refund issued by the CC company or if they don't respond the item will be sent to paypal and they can deal with it.

One of the big reasons to use Paypal is buyer/seller protection. They play middle man and make money from the transaction. If they can't follow through with that protection, you go up the chain a notch and contact the CC company.

If the OP used their bank account to fund the transaction, they're pretty much screwed... unfortunately...

I'd certainly talk to your bank if Paypal can't help you. My bank has been pretty helpful with scams in the past, it's worth a try.

EDIT - I certainly agree with the post below by Moviemanmania. I hate not being able to know what forum members are not worth trusting. And then you go to Fauna and you may not be able to find the thread. At least I can't, mainly because people must use different handles so I can't tell who wrote what about whom.

Last edited:
Wow. Did not know that paypal didn't cover animals. Good information to know. I recently got scammed by a forum member here who was selling hornworms and blue bottle flies. Paid for them in full over two months ago and I still have yet to see any. He agreed to refund the money and yup, still waiting to see that refunded money too! I still think we should be able to speak freely about our business experiences on this forum, especially when it deals with another forum member. Bad business is still bad business. Hiding it from one forum so it can be on another doesn't really help the consumers that are here. I think it's important to come up with some sort of credited buyer feedback on this the chameleon forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom