I got my Ambilobe Panther today!!!!! Check out the pics!

Nicodemayo

Avid Member
Well i have to say today has been the most exciting day for me and my chameleons! Today i picked up an Ambilobe Male from Chameleon Kingdom, some local breeders that live about 10 minutes from me. Hes was born sept 15th so hes 4 months old and hes GORGEOUS, just starting to show some awesome colors. His sire in Yoda so im sure hes gonna very be pleasing to the eyes! As many of you may have seen i built my own enclosure which measures 24x24x39 and so far hes loving it! Its been coated with a few coats of polyurithane and it looks all glossy and awesome. I put bigger screening all over(i dont want any ripped off claws) and as you can see hes quite the acrobat. I have biovines and one of those slingshot shaped bandable stick things all nice and tangled around a Dwarf schefflera. Ive already seen him drinking off the vines and i gave him a couple superworms, a waxworm, and a cricket (i spoiled him today haha) and hes a pig! Hes been exploring all day so far. Big props to John and Cyndi from Chameleon Kingdom for making my first panther purchase so freakin awesome! Another big break through was my female veiled named Leaf actually walked out of her cage right onto my arm. I was in shock cause shes normally a bia bia. haha. Anyway check out the pics! I know your jealous ;) hehe jm

What a freak all twisted up! I love this pic

I hope you like him as much as i do! Over the next few months he'll be coloring up nicely so i'll keep updating pictures!

Nic

Very nice cham my friend...and cage too. His eyes look nice and plump, a good sign. I too am making my cage and am looking for waterproof/ drainage ideas. Is that what the polyurithane is for: waterproof coat? Anyway, lovely cham.

Yeah the polyurethane is for a water proof coat. I used the mini wax water-based polycrylic. It can be found pretty much anywhere that sells woodstains and paints.

Beautiful Boy :)

He is a beautiful boy! He has a very nice and roomy cage too. He should be very happy in it. You made a good purchase :)

I love this guy! Hes becoming very adapt to his enclosure. I just fed him some crix and game him waxworms and superworms earlier and hes eating without hesitation!

took some more photos of my chams

Heres my female veild bein a b%#&* again

And my new guy!
Standin up tall

just chillin

About to make the reach to my hat

That's Awesome Nicodemayo. The Cham's look great. Keep us posted as the colors continue to show more and more. It sounds like you certainly got your hands full with that fussy female veiled of yours. hehe. I just got all of my materials in today from Florida, couldn't wait to get home from work for lunch and start setting it up. Now all I need is to order the crickets, mealworms, silkworms, if there are any and possibly some dubias roaches, I don't know they scare the living $#%& out of me and then go check out some plants at home depot then It'll be time to make the call for the veiled. I can't wait!!!! Congratz again bud, the cage looks amazing, too. Great job on it!!!

Last edited:
Really, Wal-Mart, they actually have live plants? God I hate doing in that place. Worst thing is in our town, Target is expanding and closing for like 9 months so all we have is Wal-Mart to go too. It's a big drag in a small town. But I'll go check them out. I'm only shocked to think Wal-Mart has live plants because ours is kinda cheap! I wonder if Target would be any better though, I could hit them up before they close in a few weeks.

The walmarts we have here are all big super centers with a large garden section with all sorts of plants. I dont think target has a garden section.

That's crazy our Wal-Mart doesn't have anything. We have a super-size target with a big garden section. I'll check them out and hopefully they're cheaper then Home Depot. Thx for the suggestion, that'll probably help me save some money. Which is always good for business. hehe.

Adjusting Well :)

He does look like he's adjusting well. He looks very comfortable sitting on your hand. I love the yellow that is coming in on his belly :)

ya that walmart tends to close up every store in small towns its a shame but i would hit target as there getting ready to close youll probably get some great deals. as far as your cham goes he almost looks identical to my afo hes so pretty. will he be getting red too?

Great chams Nico. I cant wait to see how he turns out. Your other chams are really nice and your cage too. You can come up to maryland and make me some hahaha. I am a plumber not a carpenter. I tried my hands on 2 cages. The second turned out better but they arent the greatest. THey do the job though. YOu are right about walmart. I get my plants and light fi\xtures from there and everything is atleast half the price. I bought a double light 4 foot shop fixture for 10 bucks. They wanted 19 for a single tube fixture at home depot.

Thanks for the complements guys but this is an old thread! Click my photos and theres an image of him and what he looks like now.

Back
Top Bottom