I got eggs!!!

Troubledluna80

Established Member
My female carpet chameleon just laid 7 eggs. I’m wondering if that is a good number. I was over feeding in the beginning but cut down once I found out I was feeding too much.

Attachments

• 22A06713-4E46-4BC0-AAC3-292E94D0DAC2.jpeg
    22A06713-4E46-4BC0-AAC3-292E94D0DAC2.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 67
So I think she still has more. I had her in the Lay bin all day but she didn’t do anything. It’s almost lights out so I put her back in her cage and went downstairs for about 30 mins. When I came back up I opened her cage before I noticed there was eggs sitting on the leaves of her plants. I gave her a drink and she actually walked right up and drink from me which is not usual. She was trying to climb out of her cage which is also unusual she typically is very content staying in there so I decided to move her back to the lab-in put her sheet up and walk away. I’m not sure how long I should keep her in there tonight considering I usually return her to the cage during lights out but I don’t want to interrupt your process. After she was out of her cage I hunted for more eggs and found a couple on the bottom of the cage it doesn’t appear she dug anywhere she just dropped them on the leaves of her plants. And advice would be appreciated thank you I’m excited but I want to make sure she is able to lay everything.

Did she bury the eggs or drop them on the surface?
How did you set up the eggs she laid to be incubated?
She dropped them in her cage. I have been transferring her to the lay bin as suggested but when she didn’t do anything I transferred her back to cage, it was almost lights out. I went downstairs for about 30 minutes maybe 45 minutes when I came up I did not see the eggs on the leaf before opening her cage to give her a drink. She came right up to where I was misting which is unusual and took a really long drink in front of me which she never does. And then she try to get out of the cage which is also unusual so I transferred her back to the Lay Bin, put the sheet back up and left her alone. I’m hoping she will finish laying and actually dig I did make her a test hole.

The eggs Are going in 30 g of vermiculite that have been moistened with 15 g of water. I will make a slight indentation for each egg and than add a cover.

Update: she dropped four more last night sometime after her lights went out. This morning she was very enthusiastic about eating and got a huge drink. I put her back in her lay bin because she had dropped them I thought maybe she could have more but so far absolutely no digging. I haven’t been physically checking on her but I have a camera set up. Most of the eggs are pump and look really healthy but two of them are slightly deflated. I thought I read someplace that that meant that they were infertile. Does anyone know if that’s correct? And one of them is more of a yellow color instead of white but it’s nice and firm.

I'd put the yellow egg and the two that are slightly deflated in another container and incubate them anyway.
Thank you. She ate this morning and didn’t lay anymore. She did eat more vigorously that she has been and drank a lot today too. It’s awesome the first day she wasn’t spending the whole day trying to escape from her cage so I’m pretty sure she’s done. Her belly looks completely deflated and a little saggy but much better than my stomach after delivery. Lol

Back
Top Bottom