I got a small 2 watt heat Matt for my dubia

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I never see them eat! I give them a nice variety of veggies but I never see them in there like I did when I first got them. I’ve been working at trying to get my living room temp down to below 67 at night for Eustis and I think it’s too cold for them so I’m hoping this little heat mat will warm them up just enough but not cook them and then they’ll eat better.

It’s 16 1/8 inches long by 11 1/4 inches wide by 10 7/8 inches high. It’s a Sterilite 20 quart plastic bin with a latch on lid that has screen in the top. I use the same for my crickets but I also added screen to the sides for theirs.

I just read the instructions for the heat mat and it says I can’t use it on plastic so back to the store it goes and I’m back to the drawing board!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 50
If it’s only two watts I wouldn’t worry about it, unless it’s all concentrated on one area. I’d be surprised if it even raises temps in the bin honestly

Well the mat is only about 4x4 inches so I guess it would be concentrated in that area. The only other thing that worries me is would the plastic give off toxic fumes if heated?

Back
Top Bottom