I FOUND IT !! why Max was acting weird !!

little leaf

Avid Member
here is the first link- just so you know what he was doing -

https://www.chameleonforums.com/wha...ath-everything-116221/index2.html#post1035837

now, I started to see black dots on him - I knew they were bites - FROM A TINY SPIDER - I was feeding him yesterday, and he was targeting his worm, all of the sudden, he looks up- and heads for his plant- I start ripping out plants, vines from the area he looked towards - sure enough - there was a tiny black and white "jumping " spider - sorry I smashed it beyond being able to take a pic of it- but I did not want it to get away - I had also taken EVERYTHING out of his cage- but it must have been hiding on the plant - so I put it right back in not knowing it was there - and Max kept acting weird ( I was thinking he had gone mad ?? ) and it never made a web either - so poor Max is now safe
goes to show- if they act like they see something - THEY DO ! He is now as happy as before - I don't know how it got in there either ? :mad: but all is well now :)

I still hate that poor gentle Max has bites from that damn spider. I am glad you mashed it into oblivion.

Chameleon keeping has made me much more comfortable with and sympathetic towards insects in general... However, I still hate spiders!!! Great job taking that thing out! :D

here is a pic of the bite - it is getting better, the vet said as long as it was not getting worse, he did not need to see him - this is about 4 days old - I feel so bad that he got hurt- but I tired to move him to another cage, and he was already so freaked out that he was worse- but at least all is well now-

Attachments

• poop 001.jpg
    poop 001.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 190
that's awesome that you figured it out. I don't think I ever would have made the connection. I would think chams would just eat any annoying insect/critter, so 1 tiny spider probably would never cross my mind.

thats crazy! glad you figured it out! i get jumper spiders every once in a while in my mellers cage but she just tries to eat them -_-

Thats great that you figured it out. I know you were struggling to find the issue before.

Glad you took the liitle bugger out :D

That story is going to help a lot of new members (like me) I would have never thought a little spider would have that effect - It's really good to know-
Is your avatar a hooked rug ? I like it.

That story is going to help a lot of new members (like me) I would have never thought a little spider would have that effect - It's really good to know-
Is your avatar a hooked rug ? I like it.

I also would have not thought a tiny spider would do that - it was REALLY small - it looked worse the day after he got the bite - but its getting better -

Thanks :) my avatar is a ceramic tile I made in my studio - it is of my cham Gail - she passed away - so I made an angel tile of her

You can put me on the same boat. I woulda never thought a jumping spider would do this. Im glad you were able to find the problem behind all this. Good chameleon mommy :)

Back
Top Bottom