I feel so bad for the cham... pet store abuse!!

Go in with a Sharpie and change the sign: "We kill Johnny Depp Chameleons". Stupid parents buy anything their kids want.

Petstore employees hate me. If I overhear some parent wanting something inappropriate for their small child, I'll give the run down on why the animal is a very poor choice. I do it all the time, *especially* where parrots are concerned. Bunnies, chameleons, certain other reptiles ... I even do it while staff are trying to push the virtues of the animal. What are they going to do -- kick me out? I hope I've saved some poor creature with that technique.

I've been doing the same thing for quite a few years... Sometimes it ends in me talking to the customers and the staff and doing my best to educate and writing down a list of reference materials for everyone to study.... and sometimes it ends with the manager coming over to "talk" to me... which I invite... I appreciate what you do... I hope more people do it...

Don't blame the kids for wanting one...kids want everything they see...blame the parents for ignorantly buying one for their child.

So true, like right after 101 dalmations came out, everyone wanted one, without knowing they are a high maitenance dog & not usually good with children.

Doesn't anyone research anything these days? & why not? the world is only as far as our keyboards.

Back
Top Bottom