I don't know what he's doing!

hey guys, this is Smaug, in not sure if he is coughing or sneezing or what, but he makes this "piff" sound every once in a while and then stops for a bit. Then will make it again.

The "piff" sound is when he is mad. Is it when you are coming around? It is their way of telling you to back off! If it is just something he is doing randomly and continually, then I would say you are hearing something different.

cid:FBF6CFA0-6142-4EF3-84C7-6F61F6558165

The "piff" sound is when he is mad. Is it when you are coming around? It is their way of telling you to back off! If it is just something he is doing randomly and continually, then I would say you are hearing something different.
Well, he is puffing up or anything, and some times I'll hear him from the other room. I know he isn't hissing at me, it's a different kind of sound. I'm trying to post a short video, but it's not letting me

What kind of chameleon is he?? I don't keep Veilds, but I have heard that they can make a squeaking sound. It must be awfully loud if you can hear it from another room. Is a dog or cat going in the room when you are not in there??

What kind of chameleon is he?? I don't keep Veilds, but I have heard that they can make a squeaking sound. It must be awfully loud if you can hear it from another room. Is a dog or cat going in the room when you are not in there??
It's not really a squeak at all.
He is a veiled Cham. It's sound like a poof or a piff and his mouth opens a little when we does it but not much.its not very loud, my house is just really quiet. There are no road or any other houses near by, so there aren't any other outside noises. And I don't have any other pets

Honestly I have no idea then! Maybe you could make a video of it and catch him doing it and then post it. I know what a piff is! I just got piffed at this morning! lol

Does he have any crusty white residue around his nostrils? Veileds can excrete excess minerals from their nose, so I wonder if he's forcing air through his nostrils to clear them.

Ditto Klowery. I used to raise iguanas and they were always blowing a salty residue from nostrils. I have a big male Veiled but he has never done that. None of my chams have ever done that. Interesting though and keep us posted. My first reaction was a respiratory problem but I really don't know if it is a health issue.

My veiled does that too. Its almost like a burp but a piff sound. I don't know what it is either.

Yes, mine as a baby would occasionally squeak when I'm messing with a leaf or a mister, though he's a bit older now and tends to hiss more. Though these sounds are not something you would hear from another room. I'm stumped...

Back
Top Bottom