I dont know what he ate!

Brokaylacham

Established Member
I just got back from buying him extra vines and leafs because ive noticed him wanting to go i nthe corner so i put him on a climby thingy i have on my desk while he waits and i heard him eat something behind something and i have no idea what it is! i tried opening his mouth but he already swallowed it! Im like really scared right now, what should i do? Do chameleons realize what's a bug and what isn't like maybe he ate a spider or like a moth i dont know but is there something that chameleons mistake for bugs? im very worried, should i take him to the vet??

What is the 'climby thingy'? Can you please post a picture? Also, he could have just been munching on the live plants. I come in often to find my chameleon chomping on the pothos (that's probably why it's dead :mad:) so I wouldn't be worried. If his behavior or eating habits change, or anything else, then I would take him to the vet. If he did eat something weird, it will probably just make its way out soon enough. Keep an eye out

What is the 'climby thingy'? Can you please post a picture? Also, he could have just been munching on the live plants. I come in often to find my chameleon chomping on the pothos (that's probably why it's dead :mad:) so I wouldn't be worried. If his behavior or eating habits change, or anything else, then I would take him to the vet. If he did eat something weird, it will probably just make its way out soon enough. Keep an eye out
It's not a plant its like this weird candle stand thing that he loves to climb on

Attachments

• A0CF0FFD-E03A-4964-9F68-47404BEE9F49.jpeg
    A0CF0FFD-E03A-4964-9F68-47404BEE9F49.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 84
  • C0ED812E-CA37-4D1A-A4C3-AC869F844A2F.jpeg
    C0ED812E-CA37-4D1A-A4C3-AC869F844A2F.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 42A1F12C-C7D6-49D3-AD8D-47932D4467CD.jpeg
    42A1F12C-C7D6-49D3-AD8D-47932D4467CD.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 77
That doesn't really look like something he could eat. Like I said before, just keep a close eye on his behavior, colors and eating/drinking habits and such

That doesn't really look like something he could eat. Like I said before, just keep a close eye on his behavior, colors and eating/drinking habits and such
He didn’t eat the climby thingy I saw him eat something near it while he was on it sorry I didn’t explain anything well I was freaking out

Oh well it doesn't appear that he can eat anything on the desk except for the plants, but chameleons usually know the difference between real and fake. Plus, eating a fake plant is pretty difficult and you would see the bite mark. Check everything he had access to and look for teeth/bite marks

Oh well it doesn't appear that he can eat anything on the desk except for the plants, but chameleons usually know the difference between real and fake. Plus, eating a fake plant is pretty difficult and you would see the bite mark. Check everything he had access to and look for teeth/bite marks
I’m thinking he ate something on my desk that I didn’t see, it was behind a decoration so I have no idea what it was. I’m ffeedimg him right now so if it was something bad he’s hopefully gonna poop it out soon.

Chams are attracted to motion. If it was alive and moving that is more it's more likely he ate it. Veileds eat more vegetation than most other chams, so unless it was a live plant he was familiar with, probably didn't eat something else.

Chams are attracted to motion. If it was alive and moving that is more it's more likely he ate it. Veileds eat more vegetation than most other chams, so unless it was a live plant he was familiar with, probably didn't eat something else.
I don’t have a veiled I’m pretty sure it was a fly or something but he seems fine, I’m just going to wait it out, he has a vet visit soon anyways

Back
Top Bottom