I cant tell if my female veiled is gravid or eggbound

Mishachamo

My female veiled is making me worry. I see her walking along the bottom of her enclosure alot, she looks very round and is always a dark brown except when she sleeps. Its the only time I get to see her green. Oh and shes restless always walking around and If I take her out of her enclosure she lightens up but not by much. I let her free roam and she seems to be happy but she is constantly on the move. I put a laying bin inside her enclosure and used top soil mixed with sand so she could burrow and have been misting it daily. She has a hefty appetite and her urate is white. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20200627_150745.jpg
    20200627_150745.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200627_125153.jpg
    20200627_125153.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 80
I feed her about 60 crickets and 15 worms. Mixed between mealworms, superworms, wax worms, phoenix worns and horn worms

You are way overfeeding her and she must be on her way to follicular stasis or egg binding. She should be getting more like 4 crickets or same mass of other feeders every second day. I wouldn't cut her back to that suddenly..but I would fairly quickly. What's the basking temperature?

Basking temp is at 85-90 degrees. So this is about my second week of having her and I don't know much about her except that she was housed with a male when I got her

Back
Top Bottom