i am so utterly confused and just freaked out

Cavin

I just got ym chams. Two jacksons the large female and smaller male. As soon as the female saw a cricket she lapped it up. The male takes no interest in ANYTHING bought from the same business ( first choice reptiles )

You say you just got them. How long have you had them? It can take some a bit of time to adjust to a new environment. If it's only been a day or two, I wouldn't freak out.

I've been told it's better not to try to jump start the eating with "special treats". You might try another staple feeder like a silk worm or super worm if you have them.

You should read look at the thread at the top of this forum for some basic care information. And, if you don't already know, they should not be in the same cage!

Good luck! and welcome to the forums.

I just got ym chams. Two jacksons the large female and smaller male. As soon as the female saw a cricket she lapped it up. The male takes no interest in ANYTHING bought from the same business ( first choice reptiles )

Hi Calvin, my advice is simple, relax and let the chameleons do the same. I have had new chameleons take 4 days to start eating. The chameleon is just getting acclimated. I will all be ok. Some of us just adjust to changes slower than others.

Hi Calvin, my advice is simple, relax and let the chameleons do the same. I have had new chameleons take 4 days to start eating. The chameleon is just getting acclimated. I will all be ok. Some of us just adjust to changes slower than others.

haha as soon as i popped a super in there he nomed that like there was no tomorrow then 2 crix , its odd because i heard they dont like being handled but when i went to go pick mine up to move him while i arranged the cage a bit he lightened in color and didnt stare at me or anything

Jacksons chameleons are some of the "friendliest" chameleons I've owned, and they seem to really acclimate well to people. My Jacksons would come down from his basking spot to the door of the cage whenever I got home from work so that I could hand feed him. He'd start moving as soon as I opened the door, and be ready to eat. I almost exclusively hand-fed him. He was fabulous.

That being said, I don't advise handling your chameleon regularly. They can still get stressed, and suffer because of it.

I just received my first Jackson, (thanks Brad) and I love her. She is a champ, she eats, drinks & poops. That is good enough for her first week. She also walked out on my hand. But I didn't plan that and it won't be repeated anytime soon.:(

Back
Top Bottom