I’m ready to just give up

I just wanted a untouched screen and the branches to go on without a problem I’ve failed and I have to say I can’t do it because it haves beaten me and I don’t know what to do I’m not a professional at this by no means and it has whipped me uncontrollably. I really don’t know what to do anymore.

It seems like it’s easier for everyone else but me to put together a enclosure without messing up the screen and having the branches go right where they need to be. I guess I should just order new enclosures and with clear sides I don’t know. I’m just feel as if I should through in the towel.

It seems like it’s easier for everyone else but me to put together a enclosure without messing up the screen and having the branches go right where they need to be. I guess I should just order new enclosures and with clear sides I don’t know. I’m just feel as if I should through in the towel.
Don’t! I’ve ruined my fair share of screen cages! Respline with new screen or patch it up with fishing line or a screen patch! I’ve spent days redoing cages! Just get the branches and vines in everywhere, add a couple of plants, and call it a day. Just put mostly horizontal branches everywhere, don’t think about where. Ignore yourself and just power through it

You should never expect the screen to go undamaged when setting up an enclosure. It's just part of the process that some of the screen will get bent out of shape, cut, or torn. That's actually a good thing about screen because as long as you don't create a hole large enough for your cham to escape, there's really no problem. Plus, as people have already mentioned, there are ways to repair any tears you create.

It's a messy process. Stop thinking about the structural soundness of the screen and, instead, just focus on placing plants and mounting (especially) horizontal branches. Trust me, your chameleon will not care in the slightest if the screen is damaged

Ok...this might just solve your problem with the branches. I am almost 65 and a woman and even I could and did accomplish it. Amazon carries Neodymium magnets...VERY strong. Make sure your branch is cut smooth on each end and super glue a magnet on each end (let dry). Place where you want one side of a branch with glued magnet...and on the outside of the screen place another magnet against the magnet on the branch...then repeat on other side. I have used this method for several years and it works better than anything. You can move your branches as often as you like and no damage. Yes...I will admitt...I have glued my fingers together. If you want your branch to slant...just cut your branch at a slant. Measure area for good fit.

Ok...this might just solve your problem with the branches. I am almost 65 and a woman and even I could and did accomplish it. Amazon carries Neodymium magnets...VERY strong. Make sure your branch is cut smooth on each end and super glue a magnet on each end (let dry). Place where you want one side of a branch with glued magnet...and on the outside of the screen place another magnet against the magnet on the branch...then repeat on other side. I have used this method for several years and it works better than anything. You can move your branches as often as you like and no damage. Yes...I will admitt...I have glued my fingers together. If you want your branch to slant...just cut your branch at a slant. Measure area for good fit.
Genius!!!

Great idea, I am going to do this

Wondubar!!!! I love neodime magnets!!! I originally set up the branches in Lucky's enclosure with thumb tacks, but if I had to do it over again...magnets!!!!!. I use magnets for Lucky's food cup, the plastic that covers three sides of his enclosure and everything else I can think of. I buy them at Harbor Freight and Tool for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom