I’m new and need help

I try 123

I’ve have my veiled cham for 2 days and I’m still confused. I don’t kbow how much to feed him or how to tell if he’s drinking water and it’s honestly stressing me. And how come he keeps getting new yellow blotches on him. Is that bad ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 169
Depending on the age. He looks fairly young iMO, I would say 10-11 small-med. crickets. Also how big is his enclosure?! And remove the bowl at the bottom of the cage, it can harbor bacteria in it. The cage looks awfully small, I would up him to a 18x18x36 screened cage, with more things to climb on such as vines, branches, plants.

You should be misting the fake plants too. Your chameleon won't drink from the bowl because they don't recognize it, he will recognize the little droplets of water on his plants though, but for real definitely get him in a better cage maybe start off with one of those reptibreeze screened cages.

Depending on the age. He looks fairly young iMO, I would say 10-11 small-med. crickets. Also how big is his enclosure?! And remove the bowl at the bottom of the cage, it can harbor bacteria in it. The cage looks awfully small, I would up him to a 18x18x36 screened cage, with more things to climb on such as vines, branches, plants.
Thx it’s a 12x12x18 that’s all I could afford at the moment and is it necessary to feed you feeders and use calcium powder

Thx it’s a 12x12x18 that’s all I could afford at the moment and is it necessary to feed you feeders and use calcium powder
Yes, and I can understand, it is very expensive when you add it up. But yes you do need to feed the feeders if you just have crickets or something feed them sweet potatoes, collard greens, you may use carrots as well. Some people use "cricket crack" you can probably order from amazon, it's like a dry powder and you can use it dry or a little wet for the crickets. And for the calcium powder, you should have calcium without D3, calcium with D3, and multivitamins. The calcium without D3 should be used almost every feeding lightly dusted with your feeders, the calcium with D3 should be used twice a month, and the multivitamins should be used twice a month as well.

To be perfectly honest, this is no excuse. You need to upgrade to a minimum of 18x18x36 (and then later to 24x24x48) or, to be perfectly honest, you have no business keeping that poor chameleon. If you can't afford to take care of your pet properly or do your due research first, you should not be subjecting the animal to the suffering it will inevitably endure from your lax husbandry.

To be perfectly honest, this is no excuse. You need to upgrade to a minimum of 18x18x36 (and then later to 24x24x48) or, to be perfectly honest, you have no business keeping that poor chameleon. If you can't afford to take care of your pet properly or do your due research first, you should not be subjecting the animal to the suffering it will inevitably endure from your lax husbandry.
I mean I spent 89 on his enclosure at Petco and from what they told me it was fine for a month

Mist the cage 2-3 times a day. I keep my humidity between 70-80% One quick mist in the morning and a good drenching when I get home from work. She drinks water from the leaves in her cage. You can check their poo for the white urates to tell if they are hydrated. This site has lots of good info. It has helped me alot. Do your homework on here.

Back
Top Bottom