I’m In A Pickle...

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have to move Codas enclosure out of the way to be able build her new one, but in order to finish the new one, I need to take out some fake vines. I can’t take her out of her enclosure because we don’t have that “acceptance” yet. She doesn’t go crazy over food so I can’t bait her out, and she absolutely hates new things in her enclosure including sticks. So what ideas do y’all got? Thanks!

Is the problem that you just don’t want to stress her out by teaching in there and removing the vines?

i think the stress of moving get to a new cage is going to be the same, if not more than the stress of taking things out of her current cage. Personally, I’d just go ahead and do what you need to do to get her new cage ready. It’ll stresss her, but in 6 months she’ll thank you.

Thanks for the replies, she just surprised me actually, I usually leave her cage open when I'm in the room, and she decided to climb all the way down and try to grab on to my dresser, she was gaping and hissing like crazy when I offered my hand. She let out another huge hiss then climbed back into her enclosure and started basking. I don't know what to think, any thoughts?

Oh wow, I'm not the only one with a cham with attitude LOL. If she will come out of the cage on her own you can use a small tree or something similar for her to climb onto where she feels safer.

Lol i always coax them into my hand without grabbing them, i get bit often but it doesnt hurt and it makes them feel better. After so many times they usually learn that biting you has little to no effect... unless it does lol then she will bite everytime knowing that it works. Having a branch that you can easily remove with her on it is prob your best and least intrusive measure.

Lol i always coax them into my hand without grabbing them, i get bit often but it doesnt hurt and it makes them feel better. After so many times they usually learn that biting you has little to no effect... unless it does lol then she will bite everytime knowing that it works. Having a branch that you can easily remove with her on it is prob your best and least intrusive measure.
we do have a branch (tons of them actually) and she literally bites and holds on to the branch with her mouth and doesn't let go. lol

we do have a branch (tons of them actually) and she literally bites and holds on to the branch with her mouth and doesn't let go. lol
I've only ever seen Anoles do that. It's a built in response to snake attack. They grab and hold on tight biting the branch to keep the airway open and avoid the snake from getting it's mouth around the head. It's genius really I was super impressed the first time I witnessed this survival tactic. They respond differently to birds it's like they are born knowing what works and what doesnt for each situation.

Back
Top Bottom