Hyperthermia

Nursemaia

Chameleon Enthusiast
Ok so long story short I spilled my water reservoir to my mister yesterday, turned on my space heater in my chams room to dry the carpet. Told my mom to turn the heater off a little bit later for me. I worked last night and wasn't home. For whatever reason, she forgot and it ran all night when I got home it was 110 degrees Fahrenheit in the room. 2 of my chams were ok but my female veiled was found unresponsive. I turned on the mister and fans to cool the room. Pulled her out and ran her under tepid water. She became responsive but is having neurological symptoms. She can't climb and is wobbly when she walks. She's also holding her head up and hearing some popping when she breathes so I'm wondering if she aspirated when she was unconscious. I have a vet appointed this afternoon. I want her to be ok but if she can never climb again and I have to manually feed her carnivore care so be it. I know this is somewhat of a unique situation but does anyone have any experience with hyperthermic chams? I hate to do it but I'm going to tag @jannb and @ferretinmyshoes because I know they're the ones most likely to be able to help. Thanks

Oh dang. That sounds like a bad situation. 110 degrees is super hot for ANY animal. I'm surprised that 2 of your chameleons were still okay as there was nowhere to go to cool down. Figured they'd of ALL overheated in that situation.

I truly hope someone chimes in with some input to help you out. Best of luck and my thoughts are with you and your little one.

I am no %*$@$*! hipster..
I'm feeling a lot of good signs for you now!
Lol I'm not calling you a hipster I'm calling you a hipster lover lol even tho that last message said hipster living I ment loving and now I'm sure of it :D

I hope she will be ok. I'm glad you are getting her checked out by the vet.
Thanks I'm going to do what's right for her. I am curious to know if you know or have ever experienced a cham with hyperthermia. I'm still concerned about her prognosis

Back
Top Bottom