Hyperactivity in my chameleon

DChalo

Today i have noticed some changes in my chameleons behavior. When i took him out today and put him on his perch, he kept running down the perch and darting across my room toward my guitar stand. He ran at about the speed that i walk. Everytime he reached the guitar i would put him back on the perch and he would just do it again. I repeated this 6 times before i put him back in his cage and he scratched the fence of his cage for about 30 mins before stopping. Something different that i did with him is changing his diet yesterday. I fed his buggers lots of grapes and lettuce and gave shook them with calcium. He ate like 5 superworms and 4 crickets. Before yesterday, i didnt gutload the bugs and and didnt use calcium supplement. Anybody have any ideas?

you need to supplement your chams feeders all the time. you need phos free calcium, phos free calcium with d3 & a multivitamin. Do some reading and research on here and youll learn a lot. Probably no real reason why he was acting that way. Definitely nothing to do with dusting your feeders. Remember not to overfeed.

He should still not be sleeping during the day at all. That's a sign there is something wrong. Do you have pics you can post? Healthy Chams only sleep at night when the lights are off and they do not close their eyes at all during the day unless there is a problem.

He's alert during the day, but after 6 or 7 he gets tired. I have taught him to sleep on my arm.

You are over handling and stressing him out, and that is one reason he is closing his eyes, the other reason would be that he was sick. You cannot "teach" him to sleep on your arm.

He is running to get away from you and then trying to get up off the floor. It has nothing to do with being hyper due to what you are gutloading with.

You are over handling and stressing him out, and that is one reason he is closing his eyes, the other reason would be that he was sick. You cannot "teach" him to sleep on your arm.

He is running to get away from you and then trying to get up off the floor. It has nothing to do with being hyper due to what you are gutloading with.

I am not even near him when he runs. And he seems really healthy, but he is always stressed in his cage and is always scratching it to get out. And when i take him out i put him on a perch in my room that i connected vines to. I dont really handle him except for when i take him out and put him in. And the 10 mins before i put him back in his cage to sleep. And he never falls asleep during the day and is always moving around. But after 7 he falls asleep on his perch by my bed when the lights are out.

A little stressed and nervy due to the change of enviroment/activity around maybe. His major concern when he's anywhere without cover or unfamiliar will be predators.
Id say he's urgently looking for another 'tree' that affords more cover, hence the floor dash and interest in your guitar stand. :)
Most behaviours have a logical natural cause related to instinctive behaviour and/or health/enviroment.

id fill out the how to ask for help form asap, but what are the temps like, and what lighting ru using?

Back
Top Bottom