HygroTherm Humidity and Temperature Controller, By Zoo Med

grlpwer

Hi, everyone! I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the HygroTherm Humidity and Temperature Controller, By Zoo Med.
I am currently using an Ink Bird IHC200 for Humidity Control and have the ITC 308 but have not used it as of yet.
I am looking for something a little bit less complicated for my daughter to use.
Thanks in advance for your input!

So when you say for humidity control how are you using it and with what devices?
I personally do not use anything for humidity control. I have a mistking system that is set up to do misting sessions with the appropriate drying time allowance in between. This maintains my humidity level and give spikes when it mists.

May I please get a little more info on this? Typically foggers are never used during the day due to heat+fogging= respiratory issues. Most people just put them on a timer for night time use and this is normally between the hours of 12am-4am since cage temps are at its lowest and there are no lights being used.
With a misting system like the mist king you will not need to have it on this type of device due to it having its own timer and being able to set the schedule up appropriately.
Are you having issues keeping your humidity up? What type of Cham do you have? Are you using a screen enclosure?

Did not know that about foggers! Have done a lot of research but missed that. Thanks for that, tidbit!
We have a veiled chameleon, named Groot, and a glass, Exo Terra Natural Terrarium X-Tall. Not sure if humidity is an issue as we try to keep the humidity at a constant 60% (RH-I think its called). We have a lil dipper and a pressurized sprayer we use to spray his habitat, 2-3 times a day. Maybe I miss read all the info I found on this site/others and am overthink everything....

Did not know that about foggers! Have done a lot of research but missed that. Thanks for that, tidbit!
We have a veiled chameleon, named Groot, and a glass, Exo Terra Natural Terrarium X-Tall. Not sure if humidity is an issue as we try to keep the humidity at a constant 60% (RH-I think its called). We have a lil dipper and a pressurized sprayer we use to spray his habitat, 2-3 times a day. Maybe I miss read all the info I found on this site/others and am overthink everything....
If you are up for it. I would love for you to fill out this form with pics of your entire enclosure lights down just so I can make sure you were not given any other incorrect information. :)
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom