Hydration

purplebiotch

Can you possibly give a chameleon to much water. I mean could you hurt him or drown him some how by having more misting sessions than the average joe?

No, won't drown assuming it can always get out of the misting area to a dry area. But you do want to let branches dry out between misting and you don't want humidity too high

I was wondering this today as I drove into work. (I think I have a problem :rolleyes:) I was considering a recent thread about water availability and the extended misting of chams and got to wondering. If a chameleon does have access to water and drinks for extended periods, does the animal run the risk of passing some of the beneficial supplements through its system before there is a chance for using them? Should the supplements be used more if your cham is drinking more? I know the use of well gutloaded food should allow for the nutrients to be available, but I'm not sure about the calcium dusting and vitamin additives that we are using. Any thoughts?

(Sorry, not trying to steal this thread, but I think your question was perfect timing! Its one that I was going to post today!)

The more water a cham drinks the better, unless there is an underlying condition that is causing increased thirst :D

Back
Top Bottom