Husbandry review

Carloscruz

Avid Member
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Viled Chameleon chameleon estimated to be around one year been in my care since May.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I try not to handle her
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I am feeding her black soldier fly larvae hornworms Dubia roaches wax worms super worms and sometimes meal worms I gutload my bugs with fresh fruits and vegetables she gets feed on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays with treats
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I’m using zoo med reptile without D3 and two times a month I use zoo med Reptivite with D3
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a mistking That goes on at 7 AM for two minutes in at 10 PM for two minutes and I do not see her drink
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Her droppings are Brown and White she has not been tested for parasites
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. She was previously in Petco

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I am using the Repti breeze extra-large
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I am using the zoo med reptisun light And a 50 w heat lamp
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Her basking spot is 80°
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? The humidity is 45 to 55 during the day and at night is 80 to 100 and sometimes it will go lower.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have three Pothos in one on draconian
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Her cage is in my room on a stand
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Looks good, but I have a couple of questions. How many feeders are you giving at each feeding? Is your ReptiSun a T5 and what is the strength of your uvb bulb?

" zoo med l repti sunlight light" Dont know what that is.

"7 AM for two minutes in at 10 PM for two minutes"

Some might need 5-10min in order to start drinking. Ive had chams that ive seen drink 3-4 times in their lives tops, but they still have nice poops.

Curious how you get night time humidity so high, without any misting nor humdifier.

Basking temps look good for a girl.

twice a week feedings + snack sound good for a girl. "eat as much as you want" doesnt work for girls due to egg production.

" zoo med l repti sunlight light" Dont know what that is.

"7 AM for two minutes in at 10 PM for two minutes"

Some might need 5-10min in order to start drinking. Ive had chams that ive seen drink 3-4 times in their lives tops, but they still have nice poops.

Curious how you get night time humidity so high, without any misting nor humdifier.

Basking temps look good for a girl.

twice a week feedings + snack sound good for a girl. "eat as much as you want" doesnt work for girls due to egg production.
I misspelled a couple things the reason why I have high humidity is because half the cage wrapped up.

Back
Top Bottom