Husbandry review

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
Okay. At the moment the branch is around that distance. I am getting around 5 month old chameleon. Do I still need to raise the ubv then?
Yeah at 5 months I doubt baby will stay off the top. It is very very common when adding them to a new environment. They go to the highest point for safety. Follow Bill's guide on the build that will not steer you wrong. :)

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
How much should I raise it by?
Usually just 2-3 inches is adequate. You want it so that when you hold your hand to the screen for a couple of minutes, it isn’t uncomfortably hot.
I have another question, should my ubv fixture be from right to left, or from back to front?
I have mine go side to side to side on a diagonal, so really is corner to corner.

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have another question, should my ubv fixture be from right to left, or from back to front?
So raise by 4 inches... Then you will need to raise a branch under the uvb bulb. So you want a total of 9 inches to that branch. So 4 inches from bottom of fixture to screen. Then 5 inches from screen the the branch below the UVB bulb placement. This way baby can climb to that branch for UVB and if they screen climb they are within limits for upper UVI exposure.

I run all my fixtures right to left on the top. :)

Top Bottom