Husbandry Review

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just checking if every thing is all right with Yoshi.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon, male, estimated to be 6 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once a week really but I do hand feed a lot.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’m feeding 6 feeders everyday. Super worms, hornworms, bsfl, crickets, soon Dubia roaches, mealworms and occasionally waxworms btw hornworms are occasional too. I’m gutload info with carrots, bell peppers, bananas, collard Greens
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Flukers cal without d3, Fluker cal with d3, and Repashy calcium plus. I do everyday cal without d3 and on Sunday I do with d3 and the next Sunday I so cal plus so on a so forth
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist and have occasional dripper. I mist for 3 minutes after lights turn on and mist for 3 minutes, 30 minutes before lights go off, also a 30 sec mist in after noon and midnight. I’ve seen him drink.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not been tested need to get that done, pure white Urates usually a tiny bit of yellow on the ends the brown part is pretty normal looking.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. He’s a petsmart baby

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 30 wide by 30 tall by 18 deep. (Unit is inches) I’m building a cage in early January that’s 6ft tall 6ft wide or 4ft wide and 2ft deep. All screen
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? For heat I use an 75 w, halogen, flood heat bulb, Arcadia brand
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I use a govee smart hydrometer and thermometer. I get 81 basking and 76-79 ambient. At night 64. This is in Fahrenheit.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Daytime I get 46 humidity at night I get 61 usually. I mist. I use govee smart hydrometer thermometer.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? All live. Spider plant, Mass cane, golden pothos, wandering Jew/ inch plant.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My room about 5 ft tall basking is my eyebrows (I’m very short)
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Missiouri it’s very humid here.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Just a check up. Btw the glue is hot glue that’s solid the screen has hot glue on it bc the screen ripped.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Attachments

• DD1ACCA4-FB0A-4834-A4BC-022EEEC78E5C.jpeg
    DD1ACCA4-FB0A-4834-A4BC-022EEEC78E5C.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 113
I forgot my uvb it’s a zoomed t5ho uvb. Lights are raised. All soil is covered with river rocks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 05314F64-AB49-412A-8D95-F0F0DD700704.jpeg
    05314F64-AB49-412A-8D95-F0F0DD700704.jpeg
    833.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 13275A55-AD9D-4988-A08A-C7ECD1B4F7C5.jpeg
    13275A55-AD9D-4988-A08A-C7ECD1B4F7C5.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 97
See feedback in Red bold. :)

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon, male, estimated to be 6 months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once a week really but I do hand feed a lot.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’m feeding 6 feeders everyday. Super worms, hornworms, bsfl, crickets, soon Dubia roaches, mealworms and occasionally waxworms btw hornworms are occasional too. I’m gutload info with carrots, bell peppers, bananas, collard Greens
  • He could have a few more feeders every day without issue. Really do not need to start reducing daily amounts until they hit 9-10 months old. Do not over utilize mealworms, they are not the best feeder. Gutload should be expanded on. More leafy veg. See image below.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Flukers cal without d3, Fluker cal with d3, and Repashy calcium plus. I do everyday cal without d3 and on Sunday I do with d3 and the next Sunday I so cal plus so on a so forth
  • This is incorrect. You should drop the calcium with D3 completely. Repashy would be 2 times a month only say the 1st and the 15th and then use the flukers calcium without D3 at all other feedings. Right now he is getting D3 every week which is too often. Repashy calcium plus and the LoD version is a multivitamin that has D3 and A in it. This is an all in one no need to rotate it because it has everything in it.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist and have occasional dripper. I mist for 3 minutes after lights turn on and mist for 3 minutes, 30 minutes before lights go off, also a 30 sec mist in after noon and midnight. I’ve seen him drink.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not been tested need to get that done, pure white Urates usually a tiny bit of yellow on the ends the brown part is pretty normal looking.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. He’s a petsmart baby

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 30 wide by 30 tall by 18 deep. (Unit is inches) I’m building a cage in early January that’s 6ft tall 6ft wide or 4ft wide and 2ft deep. All screen
  • 6 foot tall buy 6 feet wide is going to be a beast to fill. And hard to find branches that are large enough. Just consider that when your building. Make sure you seal all wood being used for the cage. Make sure the screen you use is aluminum.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? For heat I use an 75 w, halogen, flood heat bulb, Arcadia brand
  • What is the total distance from the bottom of the T5 to the branch below it and what strength UVB bulb are you using?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I use a govee smart hydrometer and thermometer. I get 81 basking and 76-79 ambient. At night 64. This is in Fahrenheit.
  • ambient is a little warm but otherwise ok.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Daytime I get 46 humidity at night I get 61 usually. I mist. I use govee smart hydrometer thermometer.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? All live. Spider plant, Mass cane, golden pothos, wandering Jew/ inch plant.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My room about 5 ft tall basking is my eyebrows (I’m very short)
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Missiouri it’s very humid here.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Just a check up. Btw the glue is hot glue that’s solid the screen has hot glue on it bc the screen ripped.

--------------
chameleon-gutload.jpg

• He could have a few more feeders every day without issue. Really do not need to start reducing daily amounts until they hit 9-10 months old. Do not over utilize mealworms, they are not the best feeder. Gutload should be expanded on. More leafy veg. See image below.
  • This is incorrect. You should drop the calcium with D3 completely. Repashy would be 2 times a month only say the 1st and the 15th and then use the flukers calcium without D3 at all other feedings. Right now he is getting D3 every week which is too often. Repashy calcium plus and the LoD version is a multivitamin that has D3 and A in it. This is an all in one no need to rotate it because it has everything in it.

Cage Info:

• 6 foot tall buy 6 feet wide is going to be a beast to fill. And hard to find branches that are large enough. Just consider that when your building. Make sure you seal all wood being used for the cage. Make sure the screen you use is aluminum.
  • What is the total distance from the bottom of the T5 to the branch below it and what strength UVB bulb are you using?

--------------
View attachment 314418
Thank you So much! I’ll work on getting my goat load better immediately! And I’ll feed him a bit more! Let me look up my uvb bc I honestly forgot the Strength

Cage Info:

--------------
View attachment 314418
The power is 5.0 (is that the power or is it a different stat?)

as for the cage I’m building….
My dad built a website for his best friend whose a handy man and builds stuff so he kinda owes him in a way… so he’s going to help me and my dad build it. Definitely will seal it and all that fun stuff lol. As for the plants for it I have quite a few plants to spare (maybe like lol 18 to spare) and I’ve been saving up for plants to go in the cage.

as for the cage I’m building….
My dad built a website for his best friend whose a handy man and builds stuff so he kinda owes him in a way… so he’s going to help me and my dad build it. Definitely will seal it and all that fun stuff lol. As for the plants for it I have quite a few plants to spare (maybe like lol 18 to spare) and I’ve been saving up for plants to go in the cage.
It’s going to have drainage built into it… raised light stand built into it… ledges and wall pot “holders” it’s going to have a step stoll built into it on the side or else I couldn’t reach (shorty problems)… it’ll have a small wire organizer for lights…let’s just say it’ll be a mansion for sure and I’ll make sure it’s filled with plants

Back
Top Bottom