Husbandry Check

Banderson

Hey guys, just wanted to submit this form along with pictures of my female veiled chameleon's enclosure to get it all checked over and right now that she is in her new forever enclosure.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female Veiled, Gravid, About a year? I've had her since October.
  • Handling - Not too often, she stayed pretty calm and chill, so probably more than most would. I never force her out of her enclosure, I always let her come to me and I respect her boundaries.
  • Feeding - Mostly dubia roaches, 3 every other day. Sometimes I offer superworms because she really likes those, she grew up eating them.
  • Supplements - I use the ReptiCalcium w/o d3 each feeding, and the Reptivitamins Reptile Vitamin w/ d3 twice a month.
  • Watering - I have a MistKing installed in her enclosure that goes off 4 times a day since I struggle to keep that humidity up. Each misting session lasts 2 minutes and 15 seconds, one at 8:00am, 12pm, 3:30pm, and 6:30pm.
  • Fecal Description - Her fecal looks normal. White urate along with it.
  • History - I know very little about things such as her age because I got her from Petco. She was very tiny when I adopted her.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - ReptiBreeze XL [4 x 2 x 2].
  • Lighting - ReptiBasking Bulb [75 Watts]. UVB: Click here to view UVB I purchase off Amazon.
  • Temperature - The bottom of her cage are in the high 60's low 70's. Her basking temperature reaches 80 degrees, and sometimes it is even a tad bit lower or higher. Temperatures drop to about 55 at night. I am keeping her temperatures down, especially right now, because she is gravid and is going to be laying eggs soon hopefully.
  • Humidity - 40-60%. Right now it is a bit dry but I am going to get a humidifier to place next to her enclosure.
  • Plants - All live plants, 2 fake little decorations. The live plants i'm using include Pothos, Majesty Palm, and two Mass Cane trees.
  • Placement - 3 feet tall stand so she is higher than people and everything at all times. Her enclosure is located in my bedroom where there is a ceiling fan and she sits infront of a window with closed curtains during the winter so she doesn't get too cold.
  • Location - Ohio, US

Current Problem - I just want my husbandry reviewed!

Enclosure Photos:
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to submit this form along with pictures of my female veiled chameleon's enclosure to get it all checked over and right now that she is in her new forever enclosure.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female Veiled, Gravid, About a year? I've had her since October.
  • Handling - Not too often, she stayed pretty calm and chill, so probably more than most would. I never force her out of her enclosure, I always let her come to me and I respect her boundaries.
  • Feeding - Mostly dubia roaches, 3 every other day. Sometimes I offer superworms because she really likes those, she grew up eating them.
  • Supplements - I use the ReptiCalcium w/o d3 each feeding, and the Reptivitamins Reptile Vitamin w/ d3 twice a month.
  • Watering - I have a MistKing installed in her enclosure that goes off 4 times a day since I struggle to keep that humidity up. Each misting session lasts 2 minutes and 15 seconds, one at 8:00am, 12pm, 3:30pm, and 6:30pm.
  • Fecal Description - Her fecal looks normal. White urate along with it.
  • History - I know very little about things such as her age because I got her from Petco. She was very tiny when I adopted her.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - ReptiBreeze XL [4 x 2 x 2].
  • Lighting - ReptiBasking Bulb [75 Watts]. UVB: Click here to view UVB I purchase off Amazon.
  • Temperature - The bottom of her cage are in the high 60's low 70's. Her basking temperature reaches 80 degrees, and sometimes it is even a tad bit lower or higher. Temperatures drop to about 55 at night. I am keeping her temperatures down, especially right now, because she is gravid and is going to be laying eggs soon hopefully.
  • Humidity - 40-60%. Right now it is a bit dry but I am going to get a humidifier to place next to her enclosure.
  • Plants - All live plants, 2 fake little decorations. The live plants i'm using include Pothos, Majesty Palm, and two Mass Cane trees.
  • Placement - 3 feet tall stand so she is higher than people and everything at all times. Her enclosure is located in my bedroom where there is a ceiling fan and she sits infront of a window with closed curtains during the winter so she doesn't get too cold.
  • Location - Ohio, US

Current Problem - I just want my husbandry reviewed!

Enclosure Photos:
View attachment 296259View attachment 296260View attachment 296261
Looks/sounds pretty good. One thing though is misting 4 times a day, humidity should stay between 30-50% in the daytime. You should only really mist twice, once in the morning before lights turn on and once before lights turn off. If you’re struggling with humidity you can add shower curtains to the sides of the enclosure. Remember that you can over water. Question, is that an exo terra vine? If yes I’d take it out the coating comes off too easily, if your cham were to rub its eyes on it, the coating may get in her eye. What are the dimensions of your laying bin, what’s it filled with and to where? Make sure to gutload properly, also try and add more variety. Also no fake plants!

Attachments

• 064D29B5-587E-4089-8218-0A6C84008654.jpeg
    064D29B5-587E-4089-8218-0A6C84008654.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 510308E4-ECD5-416E-AA2D-293D0C0DFBB6.jpeg
    510308E4-ECD5-416E-AA2D-293D0C0DFBB6.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 123
Looks/sounds pretty good. One thing though is misting 4 times a day, humidity should stay between 30-50% in the daytime. You should only really mist twice, once in the morning before lights turn on and once before lights turn off. If you’re struggling with humidity you can add shower curtains to the sides of the enclosure. Remember that you can over water. Question, is that an exo terra vine? If yes I’d take it out the coating comes off too easily, if your cham were to rub its eyes on it, the coating may get in her eye. What are the dimensions of your laying bin, what’s it filled with and to where? Make sure to gutload properly, also try and add more variety. Also no fake plants!
Hi yes I am using the Exo Terra Water Proof Bendable Branches in hopes of the water proofing making it harder for the coating to come off.

Her lay bin (the last photo in the thread) is a 10" x 10" x 10" bin from a filing shelf and it fits perfectly right in the back corner hidden by all of her plants for privacy! It is filled 80% of the way, it is a mixture of ReptiSoil from Chewy.com and Children's Playsand.

All of her insects are gut-loaded with greens, veggies, and fruits two days prior to feeding them to her.

Hi yes I am using the Exo Terra Water Proof Bendable Branches in hopes of the water proofing making it harder for the coating to come off.

Her lay bin (the last photo in the thread) is a 10" x 10" x 10" bin from a filing shelf and it fits perfectly right in the back corner hidden by all of her plants for privacy! It is filled 80% of the way, it is a mixture of ReptiSoil from Chewy.com and Children's Playsand.

All of her insects are gut-loaded with greens, veggies, and fruits two days prior to feeding them to her.
I’d gutload the feeders the night before you feed them or everyday. I’m not familiar with those...

Your set-up looks great just that, while we want to offer them more plants for foliage and cover, we also don't want to overcrowd the useable space in the cage for him to maneuver throughout the cage at the different heights. You might want to trim some leaves off the plants and run a branch through these open pockets between the plants where he can fit. This will help her feel a lot more secure.

Your set-up looks great just that, while we want to offer them more plants for foliage and cover, we also don't want to overcrowd the useable space in the cage for him to maneuver throughout the cage at the different heights. You might want to trim some leaves off the plants and run a branch through these open pockets between the plants where he can fit. This will help her feel a lot more secure.
I am about to add in all the old real branches i had in her other cage. Thanks for these tips.

I think ive seen this set up before.. 🤔😅

Welcome to the forums! Youre in good hands!
Started a new account. Fresh set up and everything. I hope moving her while she was gravid didn’t stress her too much, she seems to be adjusting fine.

I was worried she wouldn’t lay in her old enclosure because it didn’t provide the foliage or anything, and it was built with materials dangerous to chameleons, so I wanted to switch her to this ASAP!

I think your enclosure looks beautiful! 😍 If you start using a humidifier/fogger only run it at night when your temps drop for about 5-6 hours. The extra branches will be great for your girl to access all of that lovely setup.

Back
Top Bottom