Hunger Strike

Fibonacci

Nacci refuses to eat any crickets but loves any worms i offer him. Ive been feeding him crickets for a while now, anything else good to try for a main feeder ?

Nacci refuses to eat any crickets but loves any worms i offer him. Ive been feeding him crickets for a while now, anything else good to try for a main feeder ?
My boy hates crickets too, hoopers and small adult locust are good. In the wild these pampered pets wouldn't dare miss a meal, we've allowed them to get far too fussy!

I'm in the same boat. I was excited when I got my panther hand feeding, and he seemed to go for those super worms the most. Now he only seems to go after worms. Fortunately, he'll eat other worms than just supers, so I try to rotate them whenever I can and make sure I gut load them well.

During the winter time, I'm just gonna make sure he's got food available to him, and when it gets warmer, I'm gonna try offering some crickets and such again. I've read that some folks went as much as a week with their chams refusing crix and roaches and such, but eventually they gave in. I haven't gone that far yet, myself, but it might be something I'll consider trying now that he's a year old and doesn't need to feed as frequently.

Back
Top Bottom