Hunger Strike

Metal725

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male, Veiled Chameleon. 6 Months Old.
Handling - I use to be able to handle him whenever i cleaned the cage. He now hisses, puffs up, and occasionally lunges when i get near him.
Feeding - Large Crickets, Silkworms, and Hornworms. He was eating 10-15 large crickets and now its less than 5 a day.
Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus Daily
Watering - Misting 3+ times a day
Fecal Description - Brown poop with occasional watery white urate

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x18x36 screen cage.
Lighting - 5.0 reptisun tube with 50w basking light. 12 hours on 12 hours off
Temperature - 85-90 in basking spot and drops to 70 at night.
Humidity - 40-60%
Plants - Live Umbrella tree, fake leaves and vines.
Placement - About 3 feet off the floor in our spare bedroom
Location - SF Bay Area

Current Problem - Waldo's appetite has declined quite a bit in the last month or so. He was eating 10-15 large crickets and it dropped to maybe 5 a day. He seemed to be stressed out so I ended up getting a bigger cage for him. I moved him to the new cage and i noticed he was more stressed and started eating less. I didnt notice any poop for a few days and even his urates were less than normal but still white. I thought he might have been bored with crickets so i ordered some Silkworms and Hornworms and he seems to snap them up more often than the crickets but he is still extremely stressed and has still been a little devil when it comes to his attitude. Im not sure what could be causing this now that he has different types of food and a bigger cage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, has anything changed with you or his surroundings? New animal, new style, changed his surroundings? This could also be completely normal as some animals go through a juvenile stage where they just want to be left alone. How are you checking his temps?

His appetite.
1. I would start off first by switching up his supplements. I would pick up some plain phos free calcium and use this at every feeding. Use the cal plus a couple times a month.
2. If anything has changed go back to the original if possible.
3. You can try flying insects like moths or flies to perk his appetite.

Back
Top Bottom