Humidity

shells

:confused:I have heavily misted my new cham's (Sultan) cage 4 times today and the humidity is still hovering around 40% any tips please?

Some people use humidifiers in the room and also wrap a few sides in plastic or use a shower curtain if your cage is all screen. Do you run a dripper all day and also, how many live plants are in your cage?. The more you have, the more it will help keep the humidity. I live in Florida so I am fortunate to not have too many issues with the cold or real low humidity.

It goes up a little but not much, maybe 50% fro awhile. The cage is back/ bottom glass and front, sides and top screen. I tried to make a dripper once with a yogurt pot with a hole in the bottom, it didnt drip, so I made the hole bigger and it dripped so fast it emptied in seconds and made a big mess haha, so I decided to remove it as it was useless.

Panthers are tolerant of lower than optimal humidity. Be sure he is drinking enough . If his urates are white , he should be well hydrated and it should alleviate the lower humidity .

It goes up a little but not much, maybe 50% fro awhile. The cage is back/ bottom glass and front, sides and top screen. I tried to make a dripper once with a yogurt pot with a hole in the bottom, it didnt drip, so I made the hole bigger and it dripped so fast it emptied in seconds and made a big mess haha, so I decided to remove it as it was useless.

hmmm...well live plants and a dripper would help..i think u should figure something out and have a dripper there again....plus since it does go up then i dont think there is much to worry....as long as the temps are good and he is eating and drinking , he should b fine:)...they can b great with 40% humidity, just as long as you keep wat you r doing and mist, but the dripper will help.....and i you feel u need the humidity then buy a humidifer though i dont recommend it for possibilty of bacteria growth:eek:.....hope this helps:)

and maybe leave a bowl of water topped with screen over it inside the cage..that should also up the humidity levels;)

Try a foam cup for a dripper....they work well and its just a matter of experimenting to get the size of the hole right.

I went through about 3 foam cups when I first started until I got it dripping at the right consistency.

Back
Top Bottom