Humidity

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've had to increase my halogen heat light to 100w. I've noticed that the humidity is drastically reduced. Before with a 50w lamp my humidity was around 50% daytime and 99% overnight. I mist at least twice during the day and again at midnight.
I don't really want to drop back to the 50w as my chameleon feels slightly cool to the touch. My room thermometer shows the temperature to be around 28c yet the cage one shows high 30s!

Any ideas folks? Many thanks Mark

During the day? I'm confused, you said "I've had to increase my halogen heat light to 100w. I've noticed that the humidity is drastically reduced" so increasing temps shouldnt make the humidity go up unless you mist more often which you should only mist in the morning and at night from the time the lights come on to the time they go off. You dont want over 50% during the day, 80% is fine at night. I dont know if I'm just dumb but I need you to explain your problem lol

When I used a 50w lamp daytime humidity was always around 50%. Now, with a new 100w bulb, the daytime humidity is as low as 20%

Back
Top Bottom