Humidity!

Hey all!

So I have a male veiled about 9 months, just upgraded his enclosure and put live plants inside now to help with humidity and just to liven the enclosure up! Anyway, ever since I went to a bigger cage, I added much more foliage and as stated, two plants. Both pothos btw. My humidity isn’t really going up like I expected it to honestly, especially being that plants are live. I give him roughly 2 minute long misting sessions (sometimes longer when he’s drinking) and humidity can’t seem to hold more than 40%. Any recommendations? I have a mistKing auto misting system coming in the mail sometime this week in hopes that that can keep humidity up but aside from that, are foggers something I can safely turn to? Or anything else recommended?

Anyway, here are pics of his new enclosure! :)

Attachments

• D22DABF2-15AD-40A4-B477-DA1614875F8B.jpeg
    D22DABF2-15AD-40A4-B477-DA1614875F8B.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 6CD447DA-9629-4C25-B404-00CFE9BD2DB9.jpeg
    6CD447DA-9629-4C25-B404-00CFE9BD2DB9.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 169
  • CAC55C60-A8B2-4D2B-8DEF-0E9BD949C826.jpeg
    CAC55C60-A8B2-4D2B-8DEF-0E9BD949C826.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 155
People can correct me if I'm wrong, but 40% humidity during the day is perfect. It's the night time humidity that you want to bump up as high as possible. That's where a cool mist humidifier running at night and the shower curtains suggested above come in handy. I have my humidifier set up on a chair right next to the cage, and it easily bumps my cages humidity up to 80% within an hour or two.

People can correct me if I'm wrong, but 40% humidity during the day is perfect. It's the night time humidity that you want to bump up as high as possible. That's where a cool mist humidifier running at night and the shower curtains suggested above come in handy. I have my humidifier set up on a chair right next to the cage, and it easily bumps my cages humidity up to 80% within an hour or two.

Where do you live? I'm in Colorado and that would not bump my humidity high enough.

Western montana. Ambient in the house is 30 to 40 in the winter. But it's a smaller cage, so that might make a difference.

At night the lights are out and my mercury vapor UVA, UVB is no longer drying things out between misting.
Also, the MISTKING sprays for 20 seconds every few hours.
The humidity gets much higher and the temperature drops down to 73 at night. Even cooler in the mist.

Hey all!

So I have a male veiled about 9 months, just upgraded his enclosure and put live plants inside now to help with humidity and just to liven the enclosure up! Anyway, ever since I went to a bigger cage, I added much more foliage and as stated, two plants. Both pothos btw. My humidity isn’t really going up like I expected it to honestly, especially being that plants are live. I give him roughly 2 minute long misting sessions (sometimes longer when he’s drinking) and humidity can’t seem to hold more than 40%. Any recommendations? I have a mistKing auto misting system coming in the mail sometime this week in hopes that that can keep humidity up but aside from that, are foggers something I can safely turn to? Or anything else recommended?

Anyway, here are pics of his new enclosure! :)
Like @StephDay said, your veiled will be fine with a daytime humidity of even 30%! A cool mist fogger running directly into your cage (use a hose). at night is great. I mist for 5 minutes before lights on, and 5 minutes after lights off.

Back
Top Bottom