Humidity

BLUE boone

I have a 3 foot by 1.5 foot glass cage the front side and top are screen. I mist 4-5 times a day and have a fogger. Can’t seem to keep the humidity at a steady level over 50 any ideas that could help that don’t involve substrate would be appreciated.

I have a 3 foot by 1.5 foot glass cage the front side and top are screen. I mist 4-5 times a day and have a fogger. Can’t seem to keep the humidity at a steady level over 50 any ideas that could help that don’t involve substrate would be appreciated.

No worries it is not an issue to have a humidity drop during the day, just increase it at night.

Take a listen to this.

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-89-naturalistic-hydration-for-chameleons/

Is it a Yemen, Panther, or Other species?
You going for high humidity at night or during the day?
I'm From Tucson, Arizona and i find it difficult to maintain proper humidity levels. The way I do it is with live plants as stated. I have bins too that I fill with 1/4 water...... It doesn't take long before that water evaporates and gets humid.... I spike from 30% to almost 100% humidity twice a day when I mist. If I don't put water in the bins my humidity drops to like 10-15%. I have a Yemen Chameleon so ranges vary.

I have a panther chameleon
I use an external room humidifier through the night a few feet away from my guy’s cage and it seems to be working pretty well. His last couple sheds went well.

Attachments

• DEDEBF8E-526B-4D44-9DB2-F3CB45E43D3D.jpeg
    DEDEBF8E-526B-4D44-9DB2-F3CB45E43D3D.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 128
I find that the digital models tend to be more accurate until the batteries run down and then you can get some wild readings. All of them go nuts if you saturate them.

Boone nc my gauge was just bad, the humidity is good but my Cham won’t eat and I just can’t figure out what’s wrong

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for heals thread near the top of the health forum threads.

Please post a couple of recent photos of him too.

He got sick about a month ago right before a shed and I had to syringe feed him for acouple weeks. I could be wrong but I guess he can’t shed the rest of his skin because he has not been gaining weight. He just ate a super worm but obviously that isent enough his appetite is very low

3 foot by 1.5 foot glass cage, top and front are screen. I have the 13 W uvb 100 bulb and a nighttime heat lamp that I only run during the day. I used to have a 100 watt uvb heat lamp but was told it was to powerful for the enclosure I have. I just don’t get why he won’t eat I see him drinking plenty all the time.

I was also told. To stop syringe feeding him because apparently you can’t do it for to long but now he won’t eat so I don’t know what to do

Back
Top Bottom