Humidity Range

Thatdudepursley

Hello all, just have a question for the proper humidity ranges for my veiled cham. I usually keep it over 50 percent. I sprayed it this morning really good before I went to work and it got up to about 70 percent. once I got back from work this afternoon it was down to around 30 percent. Is that ok? Just want to make sure.

Hello all, just have a question for the proper humidity ranges for my veiled cham. I usually keep it over 50 percent. I sprayed it this morning really good before I went to work and it got up to about 70 percent. once I got back from work this afternoon it was down to around 30 percent. Is that ok? Just want to make sure.
If I were you I would get a cheap humidifier from walmart to help keep the humidity up. You can get one at walmart for 20 to 30 dollars.

Right after misting the humidity should spike pretty high. It will then usually gradually drop off before the next misting. 30% seems a bit low, but if you are getting higher readings in the 70's and 80's when misting you should be OK.

If I were you I would get a cheap humidifier from walmart to help keep the humidity up. You can get one at walmart for 20 to 30 dollars.

Does it have to be specially for reptiles? The only one that I ever see is the zoo med one. and that ranges from 60-100 bucks depending on where you shop from. they have it for 60 at Walmart. I have a glass tank by the way with a screen top. going to upgrade to a 175 gallon screen tank once he gets a little older.

Right after misting the humidity should spike pretty high. It will then usually gradually drop off before the next misting. 30% seems a bit low, but if you are getting higher readings in the 70's and 80's when misting you should be OK.

Yes usually when I mist it spikes up to at least 70-80 sometimes as high as 90. and it usually stays over 50 for around 5 hours or so. and as ive read on most places if its continues at 50-60 then the little critter is usually in the clear as far as comfort goes.

Does it have to be specially for reptiles? The only one that I ever see is the zoo med one. and that ranges from 60-100 bucks depending on where you shop from. they have it for 60 at Walmart. I have a glass tank by the way with a screen top. going to upgrade to a 175 gallon screen tank once he gets a little older.
It does not have to be just for reptiles. I have one and I just keep it in the same room as the cham not his cage. Live plants also help a lot with humidity.

Yes usually when I mist it spikes up to at least 70-80 sometimes as high as 90. and it usually stays over 50 for around 5 hours or so. and as ive read on most places if its continues at 50-60 then the little critter is usually in the clear as far as comfort goes.

That sounds like it is good to me!

It does not have to be just for reptiles. I have one and I just keep it in the same room as the cham not his cage. Live plants also help a lot with humidity.

OK. ill go tomorrow and get just a bedroom one and keep it close to his cage. and yea I'm going to Walmart or somewhere this weekend and getting some small fiscus trees to put in his tank. Thanks for the help!!

When you spray are you spraying the gauge? If you are getting the gauge wet then it will give a false reading.

Back
Top Bottom