Humidity not staying up

Darwin760

Topic says it all. I can't get humidity up for the life of me, but I need to for the life of my chameleon.

Thanks in advance

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male veiled, approx 5 months. In my care for about 2 months
Handling - Very little
Feeding - He eats about 10 crickets a day, 3 grasshoppers wc, occasional butterworm and waxworms. Crickets are gut loaded w repashy bug burger, carrots, orange slices
Supplements - sticky tongue farms Miner-all cal w/o d3 daily,repcal herptivite multi twice a month, zoomed reptical w d3 twice a month.
Watering - Aquazamp raindome set for 6 minute intervals at 9:30, 12:00, 2:30 , 5:00, and 7:30
Fecal Description - Droppings look good w a slight orangish urate. He has not been tested.
History - I got him at petsmart...bad condition

Cage Info:
Cage Type - repti breeze 18x18x36
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 UVB and exo terra sunglo 60w
Temperature - 92 basking 78 lowest
Lowest overnight 61 been checking for last 5 days
Humidity - My humidity is very low, I have 3 sides cover with plastic sheets, and struggle to keep it above 20%
Plants - Are you using live plants? Yes If so, what kind? Large pothos
Placement - Cage is in corner of living room, not too much traffic, no tv or anything. Top is just above 7 ft up, very low ceiling.
Location - Central CA very dry area

Current Problem - humidity is a major issue, I don't want to cause health problems due to low humidity.

with your location, I think the best easy fix would be to add more live plants. Also, what do you have at the bottom? Many say to use paper towels, and I use a terrarium liner (I think from Zilla). Something extra to hold the moisture. Not sure if misting overnight would help, but it may keep the level a bit more constant. Also, a dripper would be another idea. especially if the cage dries out quickly. The urate should be white! Good luck!

I also would suggest more plants. Are you sure that your reading is correct. Can you check it with another thingy you measure it with ( spelling problem:D). You seem to be doing everything ok.

I also would suggest more plants. Are you sure that your reading is correct. Can you check it with another thingy you measure it with ( spelling problem:D). You seem to be doing everything ok.

Also a good idea. Also, what is the humidity in the room? if it is that low, you could even use a humidifier in the room. Now that I think about it, I don't think you would be very comfortable in 20%.

I have 2 (not very good) one digital exo terra and one dial zoomed. It bumps up to about 45% after the misting but quickly goes back down. I currently use no substrate and just wipe down, I had paper towels and they didn't bump it too much. I am going to try putting a DIY fogger on a timer for in between mistings. Any suggestions for a mostly accurate hygrometer? I will get another plant or so when I get paid.

I have 2 (not very good) one digital exo terra and one dial zoomed. It bumps up to about 45% after the misting but quickly goes back down. I currently use no substrate and just wipe down, I had paper towels and they didn't bump it too much. I am going to try putting a DIY fogger on a timer for in between mistings. Any suggestions for a mostly accurate hygrometer? I will get another plant or so when I get paid.

Don't have to spend a lot, if you have 2 and both read the same, probably O.K.

Back
Top Bottom