Humidity Levels?

Bloody Holly

First of all, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been searching for days and I can't find an answer.

Hi, I'm new here, but I'm not a chameleon owner...yet. I have been thinking about getting a veiled chameleon and have been researching them for quite a while now. I have read several veiled chameleon care sheets, but none of them specify exactly how high the humidity should be. For example, if I were to use a humidity gauge, what would it read? 70%? 80%?

Thanks in advance!

Humidity levels should be at about 60% dried out and go up to about 70-80% with each misting. You want the cage to dry out between each misting though.

Hello and welcome to the Chameleon Forums. I have two veiled chameleons Luie & Camille. They are fascinating creatures and the loves of my life. Are you planning to get a young veiled or a little older one? Luie and Camille had babies a while back and I have some baby info I can post for you if you plan to get a young one. Mean time this blog has some great info. Jann
BTW If humidity drops a little lower with veileds it would be ok at 40 or 50 between mistings.

http://raisingkittytheveiledchamele...-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=11

Thanks for your help!

Jannb, I found your youtube page, and I think your chameleons are gorgeous! I'm planning on getting a younger cham, around 3 or 4 months.

Ok, another question about humidity. I'm a full time college student which means that I won't be home several hours a day. Can I turn on a humidifier when I'm gone as an alternative to misting? I will have a dripper as well.

Back
Top Bottom