humidity level

sammseals

I keep looking to find out exactly what level of humidity it should be in my cage for my panther cham. Ive looked at several websites and they all say different levels. One website said 40%-60% and another said 65%-75%.. What should it really be at?

I keep looking to find out exactly what level of humidity it should be in my cage for my panther cham. Ive looked at several websites and they all say different levels. One website said 40%-60% and another said 65%-75%.. What should it really be at?

There's no scientifically exact answer is why its so hard to come by. Nature isnt very exact all the time. for a panther cham a relative humidity inbetween mistings sould be around 35%-55% with spikes up to around 80-85% when misting occures. Keeping it in those peramiters is safe. To dry isn't good but neither is too moist. :)

How often do u mist them? I got a misting system and i have it spraying 30 seconds every 3 hours. Is that ok? I get the panther tomorrow so im trying to make sure everything is perfect when he gets here :)

I'd say 70% is fine, but that is my opinion :D
Misting is ok during the day but I would not mist at night IMO, and just test to make sure the enclosure is dry between each misting, to avoid mold growth :)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

How often do u mist them? I got a misting system and i have it spraying 30 seconds every 3 hours. Is that ok? I get the panther tomorrow so im trying to make sure everything is perfect when he gets here :)

yea its good to have the lights on for 12 hours. for instance 7-7 oclock. and misting 3 times a day to 4 times a day for 3-4 minutes. but let it dry at least an hour before bedtime.. and no lights or heat at night. :)

Back
Top Bottom